Flying Picket In Fire Engine
From The Water Pressure Group
Tomorrow (Wednesday) is World Water Day
* FLYING PICKET We plan to have a squad transported by our fire engine to the Water 2000 Conference at the Carlton Hotel. The first seven people to phone up are on board. PHONE 828 4517
Fire engine leaves Fickling Centre at 5.30pm sharp. Drops off picket at the Carlton Hotel with banners and placards, lealfets and buckets. Fire engine will return to pick our picketers up and. Return to Fickling Centre in time for 7.30pm weekly meeting.
* FIRE ENGINE DEBENTURES There has been a great response to the call for debenture holders, and there now only a few left available.
Email me if you wish to book a debenture. George is preparing a certificate for those who subscribe. Each debenture is issued at a nominal value of $100.
* WORLD WATER FORUM You can find info, news and live streaming video from the Hague Forum at: http://www.worldwaterforum.org/
The VISION DOCUMENT to be presented to the Forum, sponsored by UNESCO and the World Bank, is found on http://www.watervision.org/
The local WATER 2000 CONFERENCE is at http://www.nzwwa.org.nz/ - interesting to see that the claim on the Waikato River will be covered by a Tainui speaker at this waterfest.
* PRO FORMA SUBMISSION FORMS Everybody should by now have received the form in the mail. We have less than eight weeks to collect tens of thousands - please don't put the form aside and neglect it. Have at least 25 copies made - doorknock your neighbours - whatever - but get those forms filled in and returned as soon as you can.
* DONATION SLIPS The group urgently needs funds - please give what you can by posting cheques or auto payment pledges in with the donation slip that was mailed to you. The donation is not for fire engine debentures.
* WATER CELEBRATION DAY Last Saturday was a great success. The longdrop was opened, (see NZ Herald article & photo Monday)The fire engine provided a water slide for the kids, there was live music (thanks to bands Elephant Gerald and Jump Start), the stalls, sausage sizzle, badges and collections raised over $1000 and about 500 pro forma signatures were gathered. About 50 out of 1000 members turned up on the day. If more had come and brought people with them it would have been far more rewarding for the group. City Councillor Maire Leadbeater sent her apologies, since she was attending a meeting in Timaru, and Western Bays Community Board member Grame Easte put in a supportive appearance.
That's all. See you on Wednesday 7.30pm - Fickling Centre - Three Kings Jim & Penny Media
The Water Pressure Group http://www.water-pressure-group.org.nz/ email: email@example.com PO Box 10046 Dominion Road Auckland New Zealand Ph / Fax 0064 09 828 4517 Mobile: 025 2666 552 ______________________________