Christchurch City Council Names Board Appointments
Christchurch City Council has reviewed its appointments of Councillors to all its subsidiary boards. This is normal practice following the triennial elections. A subcommittee of Council was appointed to make recommendations on the appointments to Council and engaged the assistance of a management consultant to consider appointments in the context of the needs of each board, the skillsets required, succession planning for the boards and individual discussions which the Chairs of each Company.
The following is the complete list of appointments, many of which are the same as in the past three years:
Christchurch & Canterbury Marketing Limited: Garry Moore and
(2) Christchurch International Airport Limited: Denis O’Rourke and Gail Sheriff.
(3) Jade Stadium Limited: Paddy Austin and Barry Corbett.
(4) Orion NZ Limited: Sue Wells.
(5) City Care Limited: Ron Wright.
(6) Redbus Limited: Ishwar Ganda.
(7) Lyttelton Port Company Limited: Erin Baker.
(8) Selwyn Plantation Board Limited: Chrissie Williams.
(9) Christchurch City Facilities Limited: Graham Condon and David Cox.
With the exception of Lyttelton Port Company, all appointments take place as from the 1 March 2002. The Lyttelton Port Company appointment will be a nomination to the Annual General Meeting in October 2002.