AREDS Website Goes Live
April 24, 2002
The Auckland Regional Economic Development Strategy - AREDS - has today launched its website, which can be found on the Internet at www.areds.co.nz.
The website has been designed as a resource to inform people about the AREDS process, and the reasons why a regional economic development strategy is vital to improving the social and economic well being of the diverse communities of the greater Auckland region.
Information and services to be found on the website include:
- an outline of the AREDS process, including the 10 partner groups involved in that process
- background information about the Auckland region’s economic performance and its areas of strength and weakness
- an introduction to the Strategy Leaders who are guiding the AREDS process, and are representing the partner groups involved in AREDS
- a diary of key AREDS events
- a library of downloadable written resources, generated out of the numerous forums and workshops during the AREDS process
- links to other related websites, and a means of contacting the AREDS team to provide feedback regarding the project and its outcomes.
AREDS is a project funded by local and central government (through Industry New Zealand). It has been running since late 2001. The strategy development phase of the project will culminate in the publication and launch of a strategy document at the end of June this year. From that point, the key partners and stakeholders will move to implement the AREDS strategy.
Partner groups involved in the project from around the Auckland region include Maori, Pacific Island communities, migrant communities, the education sector, local and central government, economic development agencies, business and Competitive Auckland.