Wastewater Discharge Consents - Media Advisory
Wastewater Discharge Consents - Invitation to media to attend seminar
On Friday 13 September, council elected members, staff and invited attendees will gather for an update about the Wastewater Discharge Consents. Chaired by Mayor Garry Moore, the seminar will run from 1pm to 5pm in the main Council Chamber on the ground floor of the Civic Offices in Tuam Street.
The purpose of this seminar is to give councillors feedback on the new information sought so they can make an informed decision in due course on the Council’s appeal and consent application.
Topics to be
1. Background to the Wastewater Discharge Consents process
2. Report from the ecology review team
3. Report from the public health review team
4. Report from tangata whenua
5. Report on legal issues
6. Report on costs
7. Report on alternative technologies
8. The way forward.
This briefing is
intended to be an informative backgrounder and is not a