Eastern Corridor Update – background to decisions
18 October 2002
Eastern Corridor Update - background to decisions
- The Transport Committee of the Auckland City Council will be deciding on Wednesday, 23 October, how to progress the Eastern Corridor - specifically, if it supports a detailed Phase 2 study of options to develop the corridor. The committee has delegated authority by the council to make decisions on its behalf.
- Manukau City Council’s Transport Committee will meet on Thursday, 24 October and make a recommendation to the full council on whether or not to support a detailed study. The council will make a decision on the committee’s recommendation on
- The committees will be making their decisions based on the Eastdor Strategy Study, council officers’ reports, and feedback from about 650 individuals and organisations.
- Proceeding with a detailed study does not commit the councils to Eastdor’s strategy study recommendations.
- A Phase 2 detailed study will allow the councils to explore a range of options in detail, including geotechnical, engineering, environmental, traffic modelling, economic, cultural and construction. The Phase 2 study will include extensive public consultation.
- The Auckland City Council Transport Committee meets next Wednesday,
23 October at 1:30pm, in the Committee Room, Level 15, Civic Administration Building.
- The Manukau City Council Transport Committee meets next Thursday,
24 October, at 5pm, on Level 3, Manukau City Council Civic Centre.