Waitakere City Draft Plan Agreed
26 March 2003
Draft Plan Agreed
Waitakere City Council has completed the first stage of deliberations on its Long Term Council Community Plan.
For 2003/04, the draft plan shows an increase in Council costs of 1.18%, or $990,000, which is well below the rate of inflation. Interest and depreciation charges have increased by $3.908 million (or 4.62%) to make up an increase of 5.80% in Council controllable costs. The Council will collect $89.9 million in rates for 2003/04.
Major expenditure will include:
- Library books - $1.05 million
- A start on the new Henderson Library - $2.45 million
- Munroe Rd bridge in Henderson- $1.71 million
- Clark Street roundabout in New Lynn (and associated works) -$1.44 million
- Other new roading projects -$4.46 million
- New parks infrastructure $4.13 million
- New stormwater infrastructure $7.33 million
- New wastewater infrastructure $2.08 million
- New water supply infrastructure $1.99 million
The draft Long Term Council Community Plan, incorporating the 2003/04 Annual Plan, will be open for public submissions from April 23 to May 23, after which hearings will be held and the plan adopted.
The next financial year, which begins on July 1, also sees the Auckland regional Council separately rating property owners for the first time. Previously, the ARC levy- amounting to some $8 million for Waitakere - was included in the City Council’s rates bill.