CMJ Traffic Bulletin: Sunday 14 To Monday 22 Sept.
Auckland Regional Office
10 September 2003
CMJ TRAFFIC BULLETIN: SUNDAY 14 TO MONDAY 22 SEPTEMBER
Stage 1 of the Central Motorway Junction upgrade project continues with lane and ramp closures on the Southern Motorway. Some local roads and streets will also be closed.
- Grafton on-ramp to the Northwestern (SH16) and Southern Motorways (SH1) - CLOSED from 8pm Friday 19 to 6am Monday 22 September.
- SH16 to SH1 Link (Northwestern to Southern Motorway) - CLOSED at night from 8pm to 6am from Sunday 14 to Thursday 18 September.
- Khyber Pass on-ramp (southbound) - CLOSED from 6am to 7pm Sunday 14 September.
- Sections of Khyber Pass and Boston roads and the Khyber Pass off-ramp (northbound) – CLOSED at night from 8pm to 6am from Sunday 14 to Thursday 18 September.
- Wellesley Street / Port off-ramp (northbound) - CLOSED at night from 8pm to 6am from Sunday 14 to Thursday 18 September.
- Symonds Street on-ramp (southbound) - CLOSED at night from 8pm to 6am from Sunday 14 to Thursday 18 September.
Choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times.
- Alternative routes will be clearly
signposted at roadwork sites.
- All closures are weather permitting. In the event of bad weather, work will be postponed until the next clear night.
- Temporary barriers are erected and cones placed in all areas.
Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
Ongoing north and southbound lane closures until 2005:
- Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005 – North and southbound lane closures at night. At least one lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz