CMJ traffic bulletin: 28 September to 2 October
Auckland Regional Office
24 September 2003
CMJ traffic bulletin: Sunday 28 September to Thursday 2 October
Work is progressing well on Stage 1 of the Central Motorway Junction project. Over the coming week there will be lane, ramp and partial local road closures in the project area. They are outlined below.
- The following on and off-ramps, local roads and links – CLOSED – at night from 8pm until 6am from Sunday 28 September to Thursday 2 October:
- Symonds Street on-ramp southbound
- Khyber Pass on-ramp southbound
- Khyber Pass off-ramp northbound
- Wellesley St/ Port off northbound (heading into the city)
- SH16 to SH1 link (Northwestern – Southern Motorway)
- Sections of Khyber Pass Road and Boston Road
Choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times.
- Alternative routes will be clearly
signposted at roadwork sites.
- All closures are weather permitting. In the event of bad weather, work will be postponed until the next clear night.
- Temporary barriers are erected and cones placed in all areas.
Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
Ongoing north and southbound lane closures at night until 2005:
- Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005 – north and southbound lane closures at night. At least one lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
The CMJ Project
Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz