Thanking Aucklanders For Support At Christmas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 20, 2004
Thanks Aucklanders For Support At Christmas
Auckland City Mission wishes to thank all Aucklanders for their generous donations to its Annual Christmas Appeal.
City Missioner, Diane Robertson, says that although the Appeal did not quite reach its target of $600,000, it was still a great success.
“We would like to say a big thank you to all the people and organisations who contributed to this year’s Appeal with money, food and presents,” says Mrs. Robertson.
“Thanks to our supporters we were able to purchase:
- Food parcels for families and individuals who had emergency needs throughout the Christmas period
- Furniture, clothing and household goods for families in crisis
- Presents and toys for children who would have otherwise gone without
- Family Christmas food hampers to provide a few little extras to make Christmas day a special day
- New Zealand’s largest Christmas dinner for over 1,000 people at the Auckland Town Hall.
“Thank you also to the fantastic entertainers who gave up their time on Christmas Day to make it a truly special time for all those who attended Christmas Dinner at the Town Hall.”
The Auckland City Mission’s work continues as increasing pressure is put on those marginalised by poverty, illness and isolation by the growing costs of living and housing.
“While the Christmas season is over for another year, we rely on the support of Aucklanders to be able to continue our work, ” says Mrs. Robertson.”