CMJ Traffic BulletinTo Thursday 19 February
Auckland Regional Office
13 February 2004
CMJ Traffic Bulletin: Tuesday 17 To Thursday 19 February
Stage 1 of Transit New Zealand’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project continues. There are significant closures affecting motorists over the coming week, these are outlined below.
Full Motorway Closure
(SH1 North and Southbound)
All north and southbound lanes on the Khyber Pass Viaduct – CLOSED - between 1.00am and 3.00am on Wednesday, 18 February 2004.
Detour: for SH1 northbound traffic is off at Khyber Pass Off-ramp and on at Wellington Street On-ramp.
Detour: for SH1 southbound traffic is off at Cook Street Off-ramp and on at Khyber Pass On-ramp.
Northbound Carriageway Closure (SH1
All northbound lanes over the Newmarket Viaduct –CLOSED - for up to 30 minutes, between 1.00am and 3.00am on Thursday, 19 February 2004. Traffic will be held on the motorway during the closure.
Khyber Pass On-ramp
(SH1 southbound) and Off-ramp (SH1 northbound)
- CLOSED - day and night from 7am Sunday, 15 February until 6am Monday, 16 February 2004
- CLOSED - at night from 8pm to 6am on Monday, 16 February, Wednesday, 18 February and Thursday, 19 February 2004.
CLOSED – overnight from 8pm to 6am the following morning.
Tuesday 17 February
- Hobson Street On-ramp (SH1 Southbound)
- Grafton Road On-ramp (SH1 Southbound)
- Gillies Ave On-ramp (SH1 northbound)
Wednesday 18 February
- Wellesley Street and Port Off-ramps (SH1 northbound)
- Northwestern to Port Link (SH16 Port bound)
Sunday, 15 February until Thursday, 19
- Symonds Street On-ramp (SH1 Southbound)
Monday, 16 February until Thursday, 19
- Northwestern to Southern Motorway Link (SH16 to SH1)
There will also be ongoing north and southbound lane closures at night on the Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005.
Please choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times. Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
The CMJ Project
Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz