Event management expert to talk in Christchurch
International event management expert to talk in Christchurch
Jamie Wilson, a previous event manager of the Bristol Balloon Fiesta which attracts 500,000 people, is coming to Christchurch to share his knowledge on Wednesday 16 June.
Wilson’s presentation is part of a series of event industry seminars run by the Christchurch City Council, which aim, to increase knowledge and improve the practice within the local events industry.
Wilson, originally from England and currently residing in Wellington, was the Lord of the Rings production manager and coordinated the movie premier for, Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King in Wellington which attracted 150,000 people.
Aspects of event management Wilson will speak about include:
1. Picking the right team to work
2. Delegation of tasks to others.
3. Information, awareness and involvement by all
4. The bigger picture – keeping an overview of everything
5. Have fun while doing, otherwise why do it?
Wilson, 28, is currently working alongside Peter Jackson on King Kong which enables him to continue in his other area of expertise, film logistics.
- WHEN: Wednesday 16 June, 4pm
- WHERE: Canterbury Room, Rydges Hotel
- COST: $10 ($5 students)