Election audit, processing and count progress
Friday, October 29, 2004
Election audit, processing and count progress - Friday
All Territorial Authorities’ (District and City Council) election results have now been declared.
Audited results of the Marlborough Council and Bay of Plenty DHB were today sent to Electoral Officers.
The results of the following elections had already been declared.
- Capital Coast Health DHB (Office
of Auditor-General (OAG) audited)
- Chathams Islands Council (OAG audit not required)
- Dunedin City Council (OAG audited)
- Hutt Valley DHB (OAG audited)
- Kapiti Coast Council (OAG audited)
- Matamata-Piako District Council (OAG audited)
- Porirua City Council and Porirua Licensing Trust (OAG audited)
- Wellington City Council (OAG audited)
Fifteen DHBs remain to be declared. Work will continue on processing and audit on the weekend.
How long the processing and audit takes and the order in which results are released to Electoral Officers depends on the issues identified in each case. It is therefore still not possible to predict when further results will be available or in which order they will be produced, but the progress made yesterday and today is encouraging.