Transit pleased with number of submissions SH plan
Transit National Office
29 March 2005
Transit pleased with number of submissions on
Draft State Highway Plan
Transit New Zealand has received 846 submissions on its 2005/06 - 2014/5 Draft 10-Year State Highway Plan. The plan sets out Transit’s proposed priorities for projects and activities over the next 10 years.
Transit chief executive Rick van Barneveld said the submissions were from individuals and organisations across the country and related to many different projects and issues.
“It’s very pleasing that so many organisations and individuals have chosen to participate in the process. We’re genuinely interested in what people have to say about the draft plan and will consider the submissions carefully.”
Mr van Barneveld said more than 130 submitters had asked to be heard in person. Hearings will be held in 17 towns and cities nationwide.
A timetable of hearings is attached.
- Submissions closed 16 March.
- Transit is holding consultation hearings at 17 locations nationwide during April.
- The hearing panels will comprise Transit’s regional manager and a senior staff member from Transit National Office.
- The Transit New Zealand Board will finalise Transit’s 2005/06 - 2014/5 10-Year State Highway Plan. It will consider the issues raised in the submissions (written and oral) and the actions requested and will make appropriate decisions.
- Once finalised by the Board, Transit’s 10-year plan will be submitted to Land Transport New Zealand for consideration and inclusion in the 2005/06 National Land Transport Programme, expect to be announced at the end of June.
- All submitters will be notified of the Board’s decisions on their submission and the reasons for them.
Transit New Zealand Draft 2005/06-2014/15
10-Year State Highway Plan
Napier 31 March Napier War Memorial Conference Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Napier
Hamilton 31 March-1 April, 4-6 April
Colonial City Motel, 23 Thackeray Street, Hamilton
Gisborne 1 April Captain Cook Motor Lodge, 31 Awapuni Road, Waikanae Beach, Gisborne
Whangarei 4-5 April A’fare Function and Reception Lounge, 197 Lower Dent Street, Whangarei
New Plymouth 4 April Copthorne Grand Central Hotel, 40 Powderham Street, New Plymouth
Auckland 7-8, 11-12 April Copthorne Hotel Auckland Harbour City, 196-200 Quay Street, Auckland
Palmerston North 7 April Kingsgate Hotel Palmerston North, 110 Fitzherbert Avenue, Palmerston North
Masterton 8 April Copthorne Solway Park Resort, High Street, Masterton
Wellington 11 April Copthorne Hotel Plimmer Towers, Corner Boulcott Street and Gilmer Terrace, Wellington
Invercargill 12 April Stairs Function Centre, 697 Tweed Street, Invercargill
Taupo 15 April Millenium Hotel and Resort, Manuels Taupo,
243 Lake Terrace, Taupo
Hokitika 15 April Southland Hotel Hokitika, 111 Revell Street, Hokitika
Dunedin 15 April Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, 10 Smith Street, Dunedin
Nelson 18-19 April Beachcomber Motor Inn, 23 Beach Road, Nelson
Christchurch 18 April Copthorne Hotel Christchurch Central, 776 Colombo Street, Christchurch
Queenstown 18 April Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront, Corner Adelaide Street and Frankton Road, Queenstown.
Tauranga 19 April Puriri Park Boutique Hotel, 32 Cameron Road, Tauranga