Christchurch City Council weather update #3
This note updates that sent at 10.35am
Christchurch City Council has shut the following roads due to this morning's snowfall:
- All of Dyers Pass Road from Colombo Street
- All of Hackthorne Road from Cashmere Road
- Summit Road.
- Hackthorne and the lower end of Dyers Pass roads have now been closed, effectivly shutting off access to homes on Cashmere. It is too dangerous to drive. Contractors may try to get them open again later today, depending on the snowfall.
- All other hill streets are very slippery and dangerous and the Council advises that driving should be avoided if possible. Drivers on other roads should take care and reduce their speed. Closures:
- Council transfer stations
- Council libraries
- Refuse and recycling collections: CCC contractor Onxy advises all today's scheduled refuse and recycling collection runs have been cancelled.
Police The Christchurch police are asking all drivers to take care, to increase their following distances and reduce their speed. Redbus advises that hill routes are not running. All other routes are running as close to timetable as possible, given the conditions.