Update of conditions at 1.30pm
Update of conditions from the Christchurch City Council at 1.30pm
* Dyers Pass Road has reopened
* The Summit Road is still closed and will not open until at least tomorrow morning. Ice, rather than snow, is the main problem up there
* Parks: Spencer Park is closed to vehicles until some tree damage is cleared. All Summit Road Reserves and Victoria park are likely to remain closed for the rest of the day. The Council's park rangers are inspecting field conditions, and where possible, reopening tracks, roads and pathways.
* There is still a lot of snow being cleared in smaller side streets and extreme care is still required when using these
* Redbus advises its hill suburb routes are not being run. This will be reviewed again at 3pm. For more information about bus timetables, look online at www.metroinfo.org.nz