Busway traffic bulletin: Sat 8 April to Fri 14
Auckland Regional Office
6 April 2006
Busway traffic bulletin: Saturday 8 April to Friday 14 April
Transit New Zealand advises motorists of proposed closures for work on the Northern Busway and Esmonde Interchange upgrade over the next week (weather permitting).
Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 April – CLOSED – overnight from 10pm until 5am on the following morning for work on power lines:
- All SH1 motorway lanes northbound and southbound between Northcote Rd and Esmonde Rd will be closed between these times.
- As part of this work the Northcote Rd on-ramp SH1 southbound will be closed between these times.
- If unforeseen circumstances prevent work on these dates, the above closures will be either on 9 April or 12 April.
- Details for southbound traffic on the motorway, motorists asked to leave the motorway at the Northcote off-ramp, travel along Northcote Rd, Taharoto Rd, Barry’s Point Rd and then via Esmonde Road on-ramp on to the motorway SH1 southbound.
- Details for northbound traffic on the motorway, motorists are asked to leave the motorway at the Esmonde Rd off-ramp, travel along Akoranga Drive to Northcote Rd and on to Northcote Rd on-ramp on to the motorway northbound.
Sunday 9 April – CLOSED – overnight from 9pm until 5am on Monday to allow for widening of the off-ramp:
- Northcote Rd off-ramp SH1 southbound will be closed between these times.
- The off-ramp will also be closed on 10, 11 or 12 April on nights when the full motorway closure above is not deployed.
- Motorists are asked to exit the motorway at Either Tristram Ave off-ramp or Onewa Rd off-ramp.
Sunday 9 to Wednesday 12 April – CLOSED – overnight from 9pm until 5am the following morning to allow preparation for new work area and traffic set up:
- Northcote Rd between SH1 northbound on-ramp and Taharoto Rd will be closed between these times.
Road users are requested to follow the signposted detours while the closures are in operation.
Transit New Zealand regrets any inconvenience caused.
Transit New Zealand Northern
Busway Project Director Clive Fuhr (09) 486 0054
Visit www.busway.co.nz or www.transit.govt.nz for more information on the project.