MCC has adopted its draft Long Term Community Plan
MCC has adopted its draft Long Term Council Community Plan
Manukau City Council has adopted its draft Long Term Council Community Plan, including a clear audit opinion from Audit New Zealand.
The Council has endorsed officer’s recommendation of a proposed average rates increase of 5.9 per cent for the 2006/07 year. This represented no change to the original Council decision on 22 March when Councillors agreed to the contents of the draft LTCCP.
The draft LTCCP will be open for submissions till 10 May and Council is encouraging residents to have their say on the proposals.
Key issues in the draft plan include
· a proposed change to the rating system, which would see rates based on annual value as opposed to land value
· a proposal to create Manukau Building Consultants and Leisure Services as Council Controlled Organisations
· a two-year trial of two Pay and Display parking locations (Manukau City Centre – Davies Avenue, and Half Moon Bay parking area for weekends and public holidays)
· a move to mobile recycling bins for household kerbside recycling in 2008/09
· provision of infrastructure to meet the needs of a growing city, particularly the Flat Bush town centre development.
A summary of the draft plan will be sent to residents from mid April. Submissions should be sent to the Annual Plan Co-ordinator at Manukau City Council, faxed or emailed.