Find out what's happening over the fence for free
AUCKLAND CITY COUNCIL
30 June 2006
Find out what’s happening over the fence for free
Auckland city residents wanting to find out more about what’s happening in their area can do so with a free trial of Auckland City’s neighbourhood report in early July.
The neighbourhood report, which details what building activity is planned and what licences are held near a selected property, is usually priced at $95 but the report will be available at no cost from Saturday, 1 July to Thursday, 20 July.
Auckland City’s business initiation manager, Murray Broadmore says the neighbourhood report provides valuable information on an area, both for people planning on buying a property or for existing homeowners.
“This report will let you know if there is a brothel license held by someone down the road or if your neighbours are planning to build a second storey on their house that will block your views,” he says. “Prospective home buyers can use this report to find out about any negative factors before they purchase”.
“We hope the free trial period will give people a taste of what the report offers so that they’ll remember it when it could be useful in future.”
The report includes the following information for properties within a 100m radius of your site:
- an overview of building activity planned or in progress, including building consents, planning-related resource consents, subdivision resource consents and engineering consents
- licences held including street trading licences, liquor licences and environmental health licences, such as brothel and mortuary licences.
The neighbourhood report is available for order and delivery online from www.aucklandcityproperty.com or can be obtained in person from Auckland City’s property information centre at 35 Graham Street.
One free neighbourhood report per customer is available from 35 Graham Street during the free trial period, however there is no limit on the quantities able to be ordered online.
Auckland City has a range of other property information products available for purchase, including:
- LIM reports, priced from $210, which help identify any issues or potential development restrictions a property has before you buy
- property file CDs, from $45, which contain all the information Auckland City holds on a property
- building consent reports, available for $9.95, which tell you whether all the building work on a property has been approved.
To find out more about Auckland City’s range of property information products, visit www.aucklandcityproperty.com or phone (09) 379 2020.