State highway 20 (Sh20) traffic bulletin
Auckland Regional Office
13 July 2006
State highway 20 (Sh20) traffic bulletin:
Transit New Zealand would like to advise motorists that the southbound lanes on SH20 Mangere Bridge will be closed on the evening of Sunday 16 July while urgent resurfacing work is carried out.
16 July – CLOSED – overnight between midnight and 4am on
- Southwestern Motorway (SH20) Mangere Bridge between Neilson St on-ramp and Rimu Rd off-ramp southbound
- One southbound lane will remain open on Mangere Bridge from 9pm until midnight.
Monday 17 July –
CLOSED – overnight between 9pm and 5am on Tuesday:
- Southwestern Motorway (SH20) southbound between Rimu Rd off-ramp and Walmsley Rd on-ramp southbound
NB: All northbound lanes (from Auckland International Airport towards the city) will remain open as usual.
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING SIGNPOSTED DETOURS IN PLACE DURING THE CLOSURES:
- SUNDAY NIGHT- MONDAY MORNING - between midnight and 4am, motorists travelling south use Neilson Street off-ramp, follow Great South Road, Salesyard Road, Favona Road and re-enter the Southwestern Motorway (SH20) via Walmsley Road on-ramp
- MONDAY NIGHT – TUESDAY MORNING -between 9pm and 5am, motorists travelling south follow Mahunga Drive off-ramp to Walmsley Road and re-enter the Southwestern Motorway (SH20) via Walmsley Road on-ramp
Please be aware that there may be some delays, so allow an extra 30 minutes for your journey especially travelling to the airport.
Motorists should watch out for electronic message signs and listen to radio traffic reports for updates.
The closures are required at Mangere Bridge and Rimu Road, so the road can be resurfaced and repaired.
Transit apologises in advance for the inconvenience and thanks you for your co-operation.
Wet weather may postpone the work and further notice will advise of the next appropriate night.
Visit www.transit.govt.nz for more information.