Top 10 free concerts for Aucklanders this summer
17 October 2006
Lindauer Celebrates its 25th Birthday With the First Free Bash of the Summer
To mark its 25th birthday, Lindauer is throwing a free public concert and extravaganza at the Viaduct Basin on the Saturday, 28 October from 5pm – 10pm.
The free public party marks the first free bash of the summer in a strong line up of free public concerts that are sure to keep Aucklanders entertained.
Visit www.lindauerbirthday.co.nz for more information.
The Top 10 free concerts for Aucklanders this summer, supported by the Auckland City Council, are:
1. Saturday, 28 October – Lindauer 25th free public birthday party in the Viaduct Basin from 5pm – 10pm. Hosted by Lindauer girl, Joe Cotton, the party will transform the Viaduct Basin into a spectacular carnival for all the family to enjoy. Stellar*, DJ Mikey Havoc, The Mermaids and DJ Nick Love will all play live. As well as great music, guests will be wowed by spectacular street performers including stilt walkers and fire performers, and the night will conclude with a dazzling fireworks finale.
2. Saturday, 18 November – Grey Lynn Park Festival
A one-day festival of family fun, stalls and community spirit. Grey Lynn Park, Williamson Ave, Grey Lynn, 9am-6pm.
3. Saturday, 9 December – Coca-Cola Christmas in the
Packed full of music, dancing, fun and fabulous fireworks. Auckland Domain, from 7.30pm.
4. Saturday, 6
January – Sunday, 18 March – Music in Parks Series
A variety of free music concerts ranging from jazz and opera to rock and easy listening at local parks in the Auckland area. Check out www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/mips for more details.
5. Saturday, 27 January to Monday, 29 January –
Auckland Harbour Festival
A maritime-themed three-day extravaganza in celebration of Auckland's birthday. Viaduct Harbour.
6. Saturday, 17 February – Mission Bay Jazz and
An exciting and entertaining outdoor music event showcasing jazz bands from all over the country. Tamaki Drive, Mission Bay, 7pm – midnight.
24 February – SkyCity Symphony in the Park
Three-hour concert of popular symphonies and contemporary entertainment showcasing local talent. Auckland Domain, 7.45pm-10.30pm.
8. Friday, 2 March to Sunday, 4 March –
Auckland Lantern Festival
Auckland’s celebration of Chinese culture including three magical nights of fantasy lanterns, traditional Chinese food and entertainment. Albert Park, Princes Street, central city, 5pm – 10.30pm daily.
9. Saturday, 3 March – Music in Parks, Sounds of
Summer @ Mission Bay
Featuring NZ's most popular reggae band Katchafire, with help from Solaa, DJ Aroha and more great acts to be confirmed. Listen to 95bFM for more details. Selwyn Reserve, Tamaki Dr, Mission Bay, 4pm-7pm
10. Saturday, 10 March – Pasifika
Sample the diverse sights, sounds and tastes of the Pacific islands and help celebrate the 15th anniversary of this unique cultural festival. Part of Celebrate Pasifika. Western Springs Lakeside and Stadium, Western Springs, 10am-5pm.
Lindauer 25th Birthday Event
Saturday, 28 October 2006
o Event opening by Joe Cotton – The Summer 2006 ‘Lindauer Girl’.
o Experience NZ hits from the last 25 years with one of New Zealand’s best DJ’s – Nigel Love.
o Carnival entertainers – Stilt walkers, amazing mime artists, fire performers, and unicyclists.
o The Mermaids – One of New Zealand’s most popular musical entertainment line-ups, featuring three of New Zealand's top female vocalists Joe Cotton, Rebecca Wright and Pauline Berry.
o Mikey Havoc – You’ve heard him on the radio and seen him on TV, now see him turn the tables at the best party of the year.
o Main Feature – Stellar: experience one of New Zealand’s most popular and successful bands perform live
o Lindauer Happy Birthday Finale – A spectacular exhibit of sparkles in the sky with a 10 minute extravagant display of fireworks to mark a 25th milestone of New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted bubbly.
o Event ends.