Public feedback sought
AUCKLAND CITY COUNCIL
14 November 2006
Public feedback sought on proposed facility for Shore Road Reserve
Auckland City is seeking feedback from the community on a local group’s proposal to build a new indoor training facility on Shore Road Reserve.
The Remuera Parnell Sports Community Charitable Trust (in conjunction with Parnell Cricket and Grammar Rugby Clubs) is seeking permission from Auckland City, as landowners of the reserve, to build the facility next to the existing clubrooms.
The proposed facility would house three indoor cricket nets and be similar in size to the existing clubrooms (approximately 40m long, 13.4m wide and 5.4m high). Costs for the facility and all future building maintenance expenses would be the responsibility of the trust.
There are four stages
to Auckland City’s decision making
• Feedback is sought from the community on the trust’s proposal.
• Feedback is reviewed and permission to continue with process is granted or declined by the Arts, Culture and Recreation Committee in March 2007.
If permission is granted:
• The trust will lodge resource consent and building consent applications with Auckland City
• If the trust is granted these consents, a lease is negotiated between Auckland City and the trust. This is likely to be on Auckland City’s standard community lease terms.
The trust intends the facility to be used primarily by the Parnell Cricket Club to support their existing activities on their home ground including during wet weather conditions, reserve closures and off season training.
Councillor Penny Sefuiva, chairperson of the Arts, Culture and Recreation Committee says that this is an opportunity for the local community to have their say on the trust’s proposal and to be a part of the decision making process.
“Our open spaces, parks and reserves are widely available for the use and enjoyment of all members of the community. This is an opportunity for local feedback on the future development and use of Shore Road Reserve,” says Mrs Sefuiva.
Members of the public can have their say by:
• Attending an open day and completing a feedback form at the existing clubrooms on Shore Road Reserve, Remuera on:
• Thursday, 23 November from 5pm to 7.30pm
1 Saturday, 25 November from 10.30am to 3pm
• Completing an online form at www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/projects
1 Collecting an information flyer and feedback form from Parnell Community Centre or any of the Remuera, Parnell or Central City libraries.
2 Phoning 379 2020 to have an information flyer and feedback form posted out.
Feedback on this proposal must be received by 6pm, Friday, 8 December 2006.