Akld Region News - Update: Kawakawa Bay, Manukau
The Auckland Region Emergency Management Office (AREMO) will now be issuing regular emails containing information about the Emergency Management sector. The aim of this is to keep you informed and provide you with regular updates on Emergency Management activities within the Auckland region. The AREMO will be a readily accessible contact point on all matters relating to Emergency Management and we see you as essential partners in helping us to prepare and educate the Auckland people in creating a resilient Auckland region.
Following the storms of late July there has been several weeks of changeable weather, which has added to the saturation of soil by the storms, and has resulted in numerous slips around the Auckland region in the weeks following. The slips have been of varying magnitudes and have had various affects from households having to be evacuated, utility services disrupted, and communities being cut off. The local authorities and Civil Defence Officers are working well together to minimise the affects and manage the event. While this is not a Civil Defence emergency events like this demonstrate the importance for all Auckland people to be prepared before, during, and after an emergency.
UPDATE: Kawakawa Bay, Manukau
• Continued movement of a major slip has closed the Clevedon Kawakawa Rd just north of Kawakawa Bay.
• The Kawakawa Orere Rd just south of Kawakawa Bay is also blocked by a slip.
• Manukau City Council contractors are currently working to clear the slips and monitoring to see when the road can be reopened.
• Electronic message signs with updates and detour signs are up along roads in the area.
• For more information please contact:
• Manukau City Council call centre - 09 262 5104