Surf Life Saving Appeal Week on the Way
Surf Life Saving Appeal Week on the
Kiwis around the country are being encouraged to show their appreciation for Surf Lifeguards by supporting the fast approaching National Appeal Week which starts on December 2 and includes on Friday 7 December the iconic nationwide mufti day ‘Jandal Day’. The week culminates in celebration on Saturday 8 December with Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park of which Surf is the Charity partner.
Jandal Day is proudly supported by Surf’s Principal Partner State Insurance who has assisted with the creation of a new and improved Jandal day website. State will again be encouraging its customers and staff to donate and will have collection boxes stationed in Jandal Day themed branches around the country.
The new Jandal Day website www.surflifesaving.org.nz includes a range of exciting features and you can donate via your smartphone or simply text ‘surf’ to 4483 to give. Some of the features include the ability for individuals to create their own supporters page and lay down a challenge to others to raise funds and set their own targets that links to the Hero Meter- a personalised visual representation of each team or individual’s fundraising efforts.
Kevin Hughes, General Manager of Personal Insurance for State Insurance says “National Jandal Day is an important day for the whole team at State, it allows us to celebrate the truly remarkable work Surf Life Savers do and help raise much needed funds for an important charity that keeps us safe in, on and around the water every summer.”
Proceeds raised go towards training current and future Lifeguards, purchasing essential rescue equipment and extending services to meet the growing needs of communities.
Collectors will be out in force from the North to South, encouraging Kiwis to give generously to the charity working to keep people safe at the beach this summer. Surf Life Saving New Zealand CEO Paul Dalton says the National Appeal is an important annual event for Surf Life Saving to raise awareness about lifesaving services and raise much needed funds.
“It’s all about protecting our community in the water. The safety of people on the beach is our core business and Lifeguards patrolling the beach is an integral part of that. The beach is New Zealand’s favourite playground and with your support we can ensure it’s safer for everyone,” he says.
Every Kiwi is encouraged to participate in the Appeal Week, whether it’s by purchasing Jandals at Quiksilver stores or simply wearing jandals and making a donation to street collectors, getting schools or workplaces involved, or making a donation via text or online. People are also encouraged to follow the appeal on Facebook and upload their Jandal Day photos to celebrate the National Appeal.
There are lots of other ways to get involved. Look out for collectors on the streets or make a donation:
• Online at www.surflifesaving.org.nz
• Text the word SURF to 4483 to make an instant $3 donation.
• Post your donation to: Surf Life Saving, PO Box 9205, Wellington 6141, Freepost 100280.
• Making a donation at your local State Insurance branch.
• Drop some cash into KFC’s in-store and drive through donation buckets.
• Purchase jandals from any Quiksilver store.
• There are a large range of businesses and stores supporting Appeal Week, so whether you are near a club or not you can still give generously.
• When you visit a BP service station you can round up your purchase which will go to supporting Surf Life Saving.
• Attend Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park in Auckland on Saturday 8th December and give generously to our friendly Lifeguards or buy some great Christmas glow sticks, Santa hats and more.
Visit www.surflifesaving.org.nz for more information.