Storytelling, Tuatara Month and more
Sunday Storytelling at Zealandia
Sundays 20 January – 24 February 2013
Free with admission. Weather dependent.
Not your average
storytelling! Just Giraffe incorporate puppets and props to
regale children 3 – 8 yrs with an eclectic collection of
tales from near and far, old and new.
A special tuatara flavour will be given to go with Zealandia's tuatara month during February.
Tuatara Month - February at Zealandia
Touch a tuatara, seek
tuatara on the Turbine Track, take home a special fact
sheet, talk tuatara with our Ranger Guides, tickle your
taste buds with a Tuatara beer ‘n’ burger or battered
fish, and buy specially priced tuatara gifts at our Store.
February is tuatara month at Zealandia!
Meet Spike the tuatara – free with admission
Sunday 3 & 24 February. 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm.
Tuatara handler and expert Sue Keall will bring along Spike so you can get even closer to a tuatara and maybe even touch him!
At Rata Café
Tuatara Breweries are ongoing sanctuary supporters. Try
these tasty meal and beer specials at Rata through
• Pork burger and beer -Tuatara Hefe recommended, $22.50.
• Tuatara beer-battered fish with chips and a beer – Tuatara Pilsner recommended, $22.50.
Also watch out for our popular Tuatara Beer & Food evening, 28 February, $65 per person. More details to come.
Also this summer at
• Junior Rangers – School Holiday Programme: 24, 25, 28, 29 January
• 20% off for families - 'til end March
• Late closing – an extra hour in the valley, weekends 'til end March (*and Monday 21 January for Wellington Anniversary weekend*)
• A free kids’ clue trail sheet can be picked up at the admissions desk – explore the valley while hunting for the letters.