Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Consenting Rebuild Monthly Report - 30 Jan 2013


Wednesday 30 January

Christchurch City Council Planning Committee - Consenting Rebuild Monthly report

Today the Planning Committee discussed with Council officers what actions are needed to meet the target of 100 per cent of building consents granted within 20 days.

The 100 per cent target has been set by the Council.

The Consenting Rebuild monthly report notes that for the months of October – November 2012 the number of building consents granted within 20 days remained between 93 and 95 per cent.

Chairperson Sue Wells says, “ Although the current figures are favourable compared to other consenting authorities around New Zealand the 100 percent target needs to be met to make sure the Council is fully responding to the rebuild effort.”

Christchurch City Council Building Operations Manager Ethan Stetson says staff have achieved unprecedented consistent results in the past 12 months.

“Our staff have worked hard on our processes and risen to the challenge – they have done well. The challenge now is the final march to achieve the 100 per cent target.”

Chairperson Wells says it is important to recognise the excellent knowledge and skills that the Building Consent Officers bring to the challenges of the rebuild.

“They are processing far more complex applications than before the earthquake and they have the skills to do it. But the target needs to be met. I look forward to reports on the progress made by Building Operations to further identify where and how we can do better.”

The report also noted challenges in recruiting suitably qualified Building Consent Officers and Building Inspectors. The Council is seeking people who are highly familiar with the Building Act 2004 and the Building Code.

The Planning Committee received the Consenting Rebuild Monthly report.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

PARLIAMENT TODAY:

Flyover Over: NZTA Not Appealing Flyover Decision

The NZ Transport Agency has decided not to appeal the High Court’s Basin Bridge decision, and says the High Court’s findings provide valuable clarity to help guide the development of future infrastructure projects throughout the country. More>>

ALSO:

Developing Crown Land: Government, Auckland Iwi Reach Agreement

The government has reached agreement with Ngati Whatua and other Auckland iwi over developing 500 hectares of excess land in Auckland for private housing which had been under High Court challenge. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On Maurice Williamson

Maurice Williamson seems to have been granted an annual licence to embarrass the National Party, and its that time of year again. Also as per usual, Williamson’s recent exercise in sexism and homophobia has passed by with barely a murmur from his leader. More>>

ALSO:

Green Climate Plan: Shaw Launches 40% Emission Cut Target

Green Party co-leader James Shaw has announced an emissions target initiative for 40% reduction by 2030. He said agriculture has to long been used as a reason for inaction, a roadblock to action... He proposed a tax of 8 cents per kilo of milk. More>>

ALSO:


Images & Video: Four Alternative Flags For Referendum

Flag Consideration Panel chair, Professor John Burrows, said the Panel’s decision had been guided first and foremost by the results of its engagement programme across a range of communities where thousands of Kiwis shared what was special about New Zealand, as well as the Panel’s own selection criteria. More>>

ALSO:

Transport Report: LGNZ Calls For Proactive Approach To Mobilise Regions

LGNZ has today released Mobilising the Regions, its major transport study, which highlights the economic and social impact of strategic transport decisions nationally and in the regions, and the direct link between regional development, national prosperity, social well-being and cohesiveness. More>>

ALSO:

Transport: New Rules Bring Double-Deckers To Our Cities

New rules that allow buses, including double-deckers, to carry more people will ramp up the public transport offering in our cities, Transport Minister Simon Bridges and Associate Transport Minister Craig Foss say. More>>

ALSO:

Cycling:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news