Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Serious Incident in Kaikohe

Serious Incident in Kaikohe


Police are investigating a serious incident that occurred between the evening of Friday 25th of January and late afternoon on Saturday the 26th of January 2013.

Police wish to locate and speak to 42 year old Jacob POA. He is actively avoiding Police. He is considered to be dangerous and Police advise against approaching him.

POA is a Maori male, heavily tattooed including full facial tattoos, 175 cms tall, solid build with short black hair and a goatee beard (see photo below).

Police are also asking for any sightings of a grey coloured sedan similar to a Nissan Primera that POA is believed to have been travelling in on Friday evening. He is believed to have been travelling in this vehicle around the Kaikohe CBD and along Mangakähia Road, Kaikohe.

Police ask that anybody who has any information in relation to this matter including the whereabouts of Jacob POA please contact Detective Sergeant Chris FOUHY on phone (09) 405-2966 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Gordon Campbell: On The Mana-Maori Party Deal

If the self-interest involved wasn’t so blatant, the electorate deal between the Maori Party and Hone Harawira would be kind of poignant. It’s a bit like seeing the remaining members of Guns’n’Roses or the Eagles back on the road touring the nostalgia circuit… playing all the old hits of Maori unity and kaupapa Maori politics.

Can the two surviving Maori Party MPs (one electorate, one list) credibly work together with the old firebrand who split up the group years ago, and still hope to rekindle some of that same old magic? More>>

 

Private Provision: First Social Bond To Focus On Mental Health

New Zealand’s first social bond will help around 1700 people with mental illness into work, Finance Minister Steven Joyce and Social Investment Minister Amy Adams say. More>>

ALSO:

Megaupload Case: High Court Rules Dotcom, Co-Accused Eligible For Extradion

Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom and his three co-accused are eligible for extradition to the United States, New Zealand's High Court ruled... Justice Murray Gilbert upheld a decision by the District Court that there were grounds for Dotcom, Mathias Ortmann, Bram van der Kolk and Finn Batato to be extradited. More>>

ALSO:

PREVIOUSLY:

Immigration: Short Reprieve For Nine Indian Students

A temporary hold on deportations of nine Indian students is a step in the right direction but the Government urgently needs to implement safeguards to stop further injustices to more international students, the Green Party says. More>>

EARLIER:

Port Hills Fire: Midday Update, Monday 20 February

• 9 homes destroyed
• 2 homes with partial damage. Damage includes things like cracked windows, heat damage.
• 3 properties with damage to other external structures e.g sheds or outbuildings More>>

ALSO:

Welfare: WINZ Breaching Privacy Laws With WINZ Vetting Rules

E tū, the union for security guards, says WINZ may be breaching privacy laws with its new screening process for people visiting WINZ offices. The vetting requires WINZ security guards to check photo ID and whether visitors to WINZ offices have an appointment.More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news