Linwood Avenue Eastgate Intersection: Expect Delays
1 February, 2013
Linwood Avenue Eastgate Intersection: Expect Delays, Take Different Routes
Drivers who normally go past Eastgate Shopping Centre on Linwood Avenue should leave early for work and take a different route from Monday, 4 February.
The intersection will be closed to through traffic along Linwood Avenue for two weeks.
SCIRT delivery team Downer begins trenching across Linwood Avenue at the Aldwins/Buckleys Road intersection on Monday.
“The crews are installing the Pressure Main 11 wastewater pipeline, essential for the city’s rebuild and carrying 30% of the city’s total wastewater,” said Duncan Gibb, SCIRT General Manager.
“The closure to through traffic is unavoidable for a short period, and the crews will be doing their best to get the work done as safely and efficiently as possible. However, there will be significant disruption and flow-on effects for traffic.”
The intersection has been narrowed in recent weeks along Linwood Avenue in preparation for this closure and signage is advertising the change at key places.
• Drivers on either side of the intersection on Linwood Avenue will be detoured onto Aldwins and Buckleys Roads.
• Buckleys and Aldwins Road drivers will be able to cross the intersection, slowly.
• Alternative routes through the area, for example Ferry Road, will also be busy so please build in extra time to your journey at peak periods.
• Pedestrian crossings have been relocated
• People can phone Downer for information 0800 400 310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A works notice is being delivered to nearby residents this week, schools and businesses are being kept informed also.