Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search


CDHB Earthquake Memories website launched

February 22, 2103


CDHB Earthquake Memories website launched

The Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) has today launched a new website to record and acknowledge people in the Canterbury health system’s response in the immediate aftermath of the February 22, 2011 earthquake.

Titled Earthquake Memories, the website features stories and images relating to the health system response.

The website can be found at www.cdhbquake.org.nz.

David Meates, CDHB Chief Executive Officer, has asked staff to observe a minute’s silence at 12.51pm to think about the people the health system cared for, remember those who died and spare a thought for those who continue to face daily challenges two years on.

Mr Meates says staff did a remarkable job in the immediate aftermath of February 22, 2011 and have continued to do so in maintaining a high level of service across the Canterbury health system.

“I would like to ask staff to please take time today to feel proud of how effectively the Canterbury health system was able to respond while the world watched, and of the real difference we made to the people we cared for on that day and on many days since,” Mr Meates says.

“My thanks once again for your resilience, your skill and your dedication that puts the people we care for first, each and every day.”

© Scoop Media

Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Gordon Campbell: On The PM’s Indonesian Guest, And West Papua

As David Lange once said, it is almost impossible to get New Zealand to think about Indonesia, the huge nation sitting right on our doorstep.

The visit to this country early next week by Indonesian president Joko Widodo won’t change that situation, even though Widido will be the first major foreign head of state to be hosted by the Ardern government. More>>


Out By 24,000: Treasury Child Poverty Estimate Wrong

The Treasury has revised the child-poverty projections it provided to the Government in December 2017. As outlined in the Treasury’s 17 January media release, the previous estimate was based on code that included a modelling error...More>>


Mentions Russia: NZ Joins Condemnation Of Nerve Agent Attack

Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Peters says the New Zealand Government has grave concerns over the use of a chemical nerve agent in the United Kingdom resulting in critically serious injuries to some of those exposed. More>>


IPCA (And Privacy Commission): Police's “Exit International” Checkpoint Was Illegal

The Independent Police Conduct Authority has found that Police were not justified in stopping vehicles at a vehicle checkpoint to identify individuals who had attended an “Exit International” meeting in Lower Hutt on 2 October 2016. More>>


NZDF Coverup: Defence Admits Raid Was In Area Described In Hit And Run

When the book Hit and Run was published in March last year, the Chief of Defence Force Tim Keating held a press conference claiming the SAS had been in a different place on that date... The Defence Force has finally admitted that the “three photographs in the book are of Tirgiran Village”. More>>


"It Could Work" - Team NZ: New America's Cup Base Option

Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has welcomed Emirates Team New Zealand’s acknowledgement that a new fourth base option is workable and would see Auckland host the America’s Cup in 2021. More>>





Featured InfoPages