James Bond casino style set to hit Wellington
James Bond casino style set to hit Wellington for charity fundraiser
The chic and style of a Monte Carlo casino from a James Bond movie are set to hit Wellington – when the annual Capital Vision Research Trust’s James Bond-themed evening takes place in March.
Proudly supported by Bayleys Real Estate, the Capital Vision Research Trust’s fund-raising event - entitled For Your Eyes Only - brings together formal black tie suits, sexy evening gowns, roulette wheels and poker and black jack card tables….. all raising funs for a worthy cause.
The Capital Vision Research Trust supports medical students and eye doctors as researchers, and currently supports a fellowship in clinical glaucoma trials and research activities. The trust’s clinical examination equipment enables ongoing research, and has enabled the establishment of major research projects and leads the world in some facets of eye research.
For Your Eyes Only casino evening takes place on Saturday March 23 at the Miramar Golf Club. Proceedings kick off with a Champagne reception at 7.30pm, with canapes and food meze platters are served throughout the evening. Live bands will provide musical entertainment throughout the evening.
Meanwhile, an auction during
the evening, with one of Bayleys Wellington’s auctioneers
calling in the bids, features items such as:
• A signed All Black rugby ball from last year’s Four Nations Championship rugby tournament
• A $2000 exquisite piece of jewelry donated by Partridges the Jeweller
• A weekend in a Heritage Hotel, including use of a brand new car from VW, bubbles on arrival, and a three course meal for two at White Swan restaurant
• A variety of art works , including photography, donated by the Dominion Post
• A limited edition of C.F Goldie His Life and Paintings by Alister Taylor & Jan Glen - a rare opportunity for you to obtain one of these beautifully linen/leather bound and cased books that were sold out prior to print in 1977 and estimated to be worth up to $4000.
Tickets to the charity fundraiser cost $100 and are available from the Bayleys Wellington at the Bayleys Building on the corner of Brandon St and Lambton Quay, through the trust’s website www.capitalvision.org.nz.
VIP tickets at $300 have guests arriving by helicopter, leaving from Queens Wharf and landing on the practice green of the Miramar Golf Club where they can jump behind the wheel of James Bond-style Aston Martin for a quick drive yourself around the bay before arriving back at the venue.