Fire at Christchurch Hospital
June 27, 2013
Fire at Christchurch
Pauline Clark, Christchurch Hospital General
The Fire Service was called at 11.10am today
to a fire in the fourth floor plant room of the Parkside
building at Christchurch Hospital.
The fire has now
Some smoke went through the
hospital’s ventilation system and the system was
subsequently shut down. The Hyperbaric Unit was also briefly
evacuated and the hospital’s main entrance shut by
security but will reopen shortly.
The smell of smoke
is expected to linger for some time until the ventilation
system is fully back up and running
© Scoop Media
Pukeahu Park : ANZAC 100th Anniversary Dawn Service In Pictures
Roughly 18,000 people gathered this morning at Pukeahu Memorial Park for the Anzac day centenary. Anticipating the large turnout, patrons arrived as early as 4.30. It was virtually impossible to get near the Memorial after 5am. By 6, the crowds on Taranaki Street had stretched as far back as the Z Petrol station.
The screens erected around the park displayed the live events to those who had turned up. The heat generated by the huge number of people caused many to take a turn. Medics and ambulances were on hand for the fainting crowd members. Only twenty minutes into the ceremony, one medic said they had already dealt with 15 to 20 spells. More>>
Reflections On The Day.