|
| ||
Woolston death not considered suspicious |
||
Woolston death not considered suspicious
Christchurch Police say the death of 41-year old Christchurch man Jeff de Moulin is not considered suspicious.
Detective Senior Sergeant Brian Archer says a post mortem examination on the deceased was completed this afternoon, and preliminary findings do not indicate any suspicious circumstances.
Police have also spoken to a man they were seeking who had been drinking with Mr de Moulin and his partner on Thursday night.
“That person came forward late last night and has spoken to us, and given an account of his movements on the night in question.
“As a result of these enquiries we are now satisfied that there is no indication of any suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr de Moulin's death,” he says.
“The death has now been referred to the Coroner, who will make a determination as to the cause of death.”
Detective Senior Sergeant Archer says the scene in Woolston has now been released and the investigation is being scaled down.
ENDS

Party Time: Dunne Welcomes UnitedFuture’s Re-Registration
Wellington.Scoop: “Irrevocable Damage” From Two Flyovers
Fonterra: Ex-CBA Boss Ralph Norris To Lead Board Inquiry
Customs: "Crackdown" On Psychoactives
National Party Annual Conference: Key Speech - Expanded Kiwisaver Access For Home Buyers
National Party Conference: Major Changes To RMA 'Undermine Environmental Safeguards'
Gordon Campbell: On The Smelter Deal, Fonterra And Iran
