|
Halls Bridge, Tolaga Bay closed for a week
Monday, 12 August 2013, 5:34 pm
Press Release: Gisborne District Council
|
Halls Bridge, Tolaga Bay closed for a week
Halls Bridge in Paroa Road, Tolaga Bay will be closed
for a week while urgent repairs are made to the structure of
the bridge. The bridge will be closed from Wednesday 14
August and should reopen on Wednesday 21 August depending on
the weather.
The bridge was damaged in the 2007
earthquake. A detailed inspection of the bridge’s
structure last year showed that girders had been pushed back
against the abutment and some of the bearings had been
twisted. Repairs now will prolong the life of the bridge.
The cost of repairs is $30,000. A detour is available via
State Highway 35.
The original Halls Bridge was destroyed
in Cyclone Bola and replaced in 1989.
Council thanks road
users for their patience and apologises for any
inconvenience.
ENDS
© Scoop Media
Nanny National - Dotcomming The TPP - Feeling The Love For X Factor
First, They Came For Your Lightbulbs - Classics : Ernest and Celestine - Abortion, Against the Tide
Film: Gods and Monsters - Come Back, SR-71 Blackbird - Satire: Ars Tonga, Vita Brevis
The Complicatist : Bobby Bland R.I.P., Laura Marling

New Court Orders, Screening, Guardianship Changes...: Government Ignoring Poverty, Again
It remains to be seen if announcements today will better protect children, but the National Government is forgoing an opportunity to really help kids by ignoring the elephant in the room, which is poverty, Green Party Co-leader Metiria Turei says.
"All the experts have told the Government that very low income is associated with higher rates of child maltreatment and neglect -- something which was totally ignored in the Government's Children's Action Plan and the announcements today," Mrs Turei said. More>>