Travis Road – change to roundabout at Frosts Road/QEII
Travis Road drivers – change to roundabout at Frosts Road/ QEII from 30 September
Travis Road drivers will need to make sure of their routes city-bound through North New Brighton and Burwood from Monday, 30 September. SCIRT work by Downer in the Frosts Road/ Travis Road roundabout, combined with the closure of Frosts Road for three months while it is reconstructed, will reduce options at the intersection.
• Westbound/ city-bound traffic on Travis Road will not be able to travel west through the Frosts Road intersection, but will have to go left/ south onto Anzac Drive and give way to drivers coming from the Burwood Road side of the intersection. Some drivers may take New Brighton Road as an eastbound route.
• Travelling north on Anzac Drive, drivers will only be able to turn left onto Travis Road and go west towards Burwood or Marshland Road. For most port traffic on State Highway 76 from Lyttelton, this will be the main route north and west.
• Drivers travelling east on Travis Road towards the beach will be able to go straight ahead at Anzac Drive/ Frosts Road. They will also have the right of way to turn south onto Anzac Drive.
At the same time as Frosts Road is closed for its rebuild by Downer, SCIRT’s Fulton Hogan crew will close the northern-end Frosts/Beach/Mairehau Road intersection in order to connect the new wastewater pump station on Ascot Reserve. Parklands drivers will be diverted onto local streets.
• Southbound Parklands drivers will be detoured off Mairehau Road onto Tapiri, Cottonwood and Donnington Streets, back onto Beach Road and Bower Ave.
• Drivers can then take Bower Ave south to New Brighton Road, or travel west onto Travis Road and left/south onto Anzac Drive and the roundabout at New Brighton Road.
Please take care at these intersections, slow down on detour routes, and give way as required.
details and maps of detour routes, see the works notices:
• Downer work including the Travis Road roundabout and suggested detours. http://strongerchristchurch.govt.nz/work/activity/3438
• Fulton Hogan work at the north end, Parklands intersection and Parklands detour. http://strongerchristchurch.govt.nz/work/activity/3631