Community Members Sought for Alcohol Licensing Committee
Community Members Sought to Make up Local Alcohol Licensing Committee
A new alcohol licensing body, the Porirua District Licensing Committee, is being established in December 2013 and will be responsible for issuing all alcohol licences in Porirua. Members for the Committee are being sought from within the Porirua community.
The Committee, to be chaired by a Porirua City Councillor, is being established as a consequence of government changes to alcohol licensing legislation earlier this year and will be responsible for issuing all alcohol licences in Porirua. It provides an opportunity for community participation in local alcohol licensing and certification decisions and its first meeting is expected to be in February 2014.
Training and support will be given to committee members, who will ideally have complementary skills and experience including:
• Experience relevant to licensing matters or demonstrates an active interest and ability to build new knowledge in this area
• Knowledge of Alcohol related harm
• Highly developed decision making skills and investigative ability
• Knowledge of the purposes of the hearing process and knowledge of applying the legislation
• An understanding of the community and its expectations around alcohol licensing
• Strong communication skills.
Positions are being advertised on October 8. The closing date for applications is October 27, after which a recommended shortlist of applicants will be presented to the Council for final selection. Application forms and further information about the positions will be available on the Council’s website from October 8.
For more information or to express interest contact PCC Regulatory Policy Analyst Nick Law firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 237-1612.