Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


DineAid Turns Five at Taste of Auckland

Press Releas

Wednesday 16 October, 2013

DineAid Turns Five at Taste of Auckland

As Taste of Auckland turns five this year, so does the festival’s official charity partner DineAid.

To celebrate DineAid’s fifth year of helping New Zealanders in need, Taste of Auckland will hold a live charity auction dinner at the festival on Friday 15 November to raise funds for Auckland City Mission Food Banks.

Three top Auckland chefs, Ben Bayly from The Grove, Mikey Newlands from Bracu and Nick Honeyman from Everybody’s Izakaya, will put on a delicious mini taster menu in the Carlton Hospitality Marquee for the dinner.

TV and radio food personality Annabelle White will be hosting the evening alongside Metro magazine Editor Simon Wilson.

White says DineAid is a fantastic charity which has been doing some amazing work for the New Zealand community since its launch five years ago.

“More than 392,000 dollars have been raised for Kiwis in need since the initiative began in 2008. I’m really happy to be working with and supporting such a worthy cause,” she says.

“It’s going to be a spectacular charity dinner, not to be missed,” says White.

Taste of Auckland organiser Rob Eliott says he’s looking forward to seeing how much can be brought in for the charity this year.

“We’ve supported DineAid since the beginning and now we’re providing a forum to back their endeavours even further,” says Eliott.

“We hope to raise at least $15,000 for their efforts with Auckland City Mission Food Banks,” he says.

DineAid founder and world renowned chef Mark Gregory together with Taste of Auckland have collated some can’t-be-bought auction items for the evening.

Alongside the DineAid dinner, Taste of Auckland has a whole host of appealing corporate hospitality events happening over the festival weekend.

Oliver Driver will be host (and entertainment) for the opening night feast on Thursday 14 November in the Carlton Hospitality Marquee, where he will be doing a retrospective of the last five years of the foodie scene for guests.

Ladies will be pampered and pleased at the famous Taste Ladies Lunch on Friday afternoon with Cuvee Rose by No 1 Family Estate, presented by Masterchef winner Nadia Lim. The top chef and dietician will also be launching her new Good Food Cook Book at the lunch.

And on the famously busy Saturday evening of the festival, a final corporate hospitality event will be held, joining three of Auckland’s finest restaurants in a one off collaboration with a live musical performance – it will be a night to remember.

“Corporate hospitality is a big part of the Taste festival, and we’re really excited about what we have on offer this year for those taking part,” says Eliott.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Trial Over 'Anonymous' Donations: John Banks Resigns As Minister

ACT Leader John Banks today confirmed that he has stood down from his Ministerial positions following today’s decision at the Auckland District Court.

“Last week I indicated to the Prime Minister’s Chief of Staff that I would offer my resignation should the matter relating to my 2010 Mayoral Electoral return be committed to trial,” Mr Banks said...

“I intend to continue in my role as ACT Leader and MP for Epsom, and ACT will continue to support National on matters of confidence and supply. More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Gordon Campbell: On Len Brown, Trust, And Simon Bridges

Leaving aside the tawdry details of Auckland mayor Len Brown’s extramarital affair, the oddest feature is the timing of the revelations... More>>

ALSO:

Foreign Ministers: Joint Statement On Southern Ocean Marine Protected Areas

Australia, the European Union, France, New Zealand and the United States jointly call for the establishment this year of marine protected areas (MPAs) in the Southern Ocean, in the Ross Sea Region and in East Antarctica. More>>

ALSO:

TICS: Telco Interception Bill Debated

This Government says the bill seeks to repeal and replace the Telecommunications (Interception Capability) Act 2004 in order to ensure that interception obligations applying to the telecommunications industry are clear, do not impose unnecessary compliance costs, and are sufficiently flexible...More>>

ALSO:

Multimedia: David Cunliffe: Kohanga Reo Trust | Euthanasia | LVRs

At his weekly pre-caucus press conference in Wellington Labour leader David Cunliffe answered questions about allegations of the misuse of credit cards by a subsidiary of the Kohanga Reo Trust, the Reserve Bank's LVRs coming into effect, and a call by a coroner for Parliament to make up its mind on euthanasia. More>>

ALSO:

Census: Auckland Fastest-Growing Region, South Island Districts Grow Most

Auckland’s population grew by over 110,000 people since the 2006 Census, while Selwyn, Queenstown-Lakes, and Waimakariri were the fastest-growing districts in the country, Statistics New Zealand said today. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell:
On Criminalising The Partners Of Welfare Fraudsters (And The US Meltdown)

Talking of days that will live in infamy, today is when the measures that criminalise the partners and spouses of those who commit welfare fraud will come into effect. More>>

ALSO:

Compulsory Savings Mooted: Labour Backs Universal KiwiSaver

Yet again National has been shown up as completely left behind on the sustainability of our retirement debate, as the Financial Service Council’s call for a universal KiwiSaver scheme shows, says Labour Finance spokesperson David Parker... More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
THE WESTPORT STORY
Told by Scoop

Scoop Amplifier paid a 3-day visit to Westport and the Buller District to begin to gain some on-the-spot perspectives into just how steep a battle the majority of Coasters are facing to find ways to tell the story of their intertwined environmental and economic prospects.

See:


 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news