Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Submissions on Proposed Hastings District Plan to close

January 29th 2014

Submissions on Proposed Hastings District Plan about to close

Submissions close on the proposed Hastings District Plan on Friday 14th February.

The plan sets out the strategic direction for the district and outlines the rules that manage land use and subdivision. These rules ensure that the effects of activities on neighbours and the environment are considered and they can also have an effect on what you do on your property.

The Proposed District Plan was released for public comment on the 9th November 2013 and is a review of the current district plan which was made operative in 2003.

Chairman of the District Plan Review Working Party Mick Lester says “The District Plan is subject to a thorough review once every ten years and I urge everyone to take this chance to give their views on the proposed plan.”

Mr Lester says “Council has organised a number of public meetings to explain the major changes to the proposed plan and we have worked closely with the Napier City Council, to ensure that the provisions of the plan are more closely aligned between the two areas.”

Following the closing of submissions, they will be summarised and then further submissions invited. The calling of further submissions allows the original submissions to be supported or opposed by the public. The notification for further submissions is likely to occur in April 2014.

You can view the plan and make a submission at www.hastingsdc.govt.nz/districtplan

The proposed plan can also be viewed at Hastings District Council Service Centre, Lyndon Road or at any Hastings District Library. Submission forms are also available at these locations.

Timeline for development of Hastings District Plan

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

PARLIAMENT TODAY:

Gordon Campbell: The PM’s Hair-Pulling Power Trip

There have been striking differences between (a) the account of the waitress involved in the hair-pulling incidents, and (b) the account being given by Prime Minister John Key. The version by the waitress is available here and is recommended to anyone yet to read it. By her account, there were multiple instances of hair-pulling and these persisted and persisted long after she had made her annoyance clear to Key – who had also been advised by his wife, and by other café staff that the behavior was evidently not being welcomed. More>>

ALSO:

War: What’s To Commemorate?

Gordon Campbell in Werewolf: Is there anything that can be validly commemorated on this 100th anniversary of Gallipoli? Beyond, that is, a fleeting sense of empathy with the thousands of soldiers killed or wounded on April 25 1915 and in the months thereafter, until the whole thing was finally called off in December 1915. More>>

MORE IN WEREWOLF:

ALSO:

Peter Ellis Case: Minister Declines Request For Commission Of Inquiry

Justice Minister Amy Adams has declined a request from supporters of Peter Ellis for a Commission of Inquiry on the basis that an inquiry cannot be used to determine the liability of any person. More>>

Quakes: New Process For Red Zone Crown Offers

Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee has announced a process to give everyone a say on the Crown offers to owners of vacant, commercial/industrial and uninsured properties in the Residential Red Zone. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Battle Obama Is Waging Over The TPP

For the past two and a half years, this column has been arguing that the fate of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal will hinge on whether US President Barack Obama can win Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) from Congress... Last week, the White House finally, finally unveiled a draft TPA Bill. More>>

ALSO:

Greens: Govt Breaks Free Doctors Visit Promise To Kids

Documents obtained by the Green Party show that the Government decided to fund only 90 percent of doctors’ visits for children suffering from an injury in an attempt trim the cost of the so-called “free” visits. More>>

ALSO:

Other Wars: Extension Of NZDF Commitment In Afghanistan

The New Zealand Defence Force’s commitment of mentors and support staff to the Afghan National Army Officer Academy in Afghanistan has been extended out to December 2016, Defence Minister Gerry Brownlee says. More>>

PM's Press Conference: Auckland Property Prices Increasing "Too Rapidly"

John Key accepted that Auckland property prices 'are going up too rapidly” in a press conference held today in Wellington, however he said that this is not anything new. More>>

ALSO:

Press Conference: ANZAC PMs Concerned About ISIL Bringing The War Home

Prime Minister Key and Prime Minister Abbott spoke of the bond formed between Australia and New Zealand in the “baptism of fire” of Gallipoli. Abbott stated that New Zealand and Australia’s values and interests are linked, and this is reflected in the joint operation in Iraq which will begin shortly. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news