Waikato District Council stops issuing fire permits
28 February 2014
Media advisory –Waikato
District Council stops issuing fire permits
further notice, Waikato District Council will not be issuing
fire permits which means fires are not permitted in the open
air in rural areas.
Permits are not required for:
Fires lit in BBQs
• Garden rubbish fires (less than one cubic metre
Council staff will be in contact with
residents who have already submitted a permit during the
© Scoop Media
Greens: Oil Drilling Face-Off With Labour
The plan is the second component of the Party’s environmental priority this election: Rivers clean enough to swim in again, and beaches safe from oil spills.
The Green Party loves New Zealand and will create a cleaner environment where our beaches remain open for swimming, not closed for oil spills.
The key policy points in the Green Party’s plan to protect our beaches from oil spills are to:
1. Prohibit deep sea oil drilling;
2. Implement compulsory shipping lanes for coastal shipping;
3. Build Maritime New Zealand’s oil spill response capability; and
4. Introduce a stronger legal framework so that when accidents do happen, the New Zealand taxpayer does not have to pay for the clean-up. More>>
Nick Smith v Fish & Game: