Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


RISE attracts more than 200,000 visitors

RISE attracts more than 200,000 visitors

If you mention the words ‘street art’ in Christchurch at the moment, chances are you will end up visiting the RISE exhibition at Canterbury Museum, but you had better be in quick.

More than 200,000 visitors have experienced the exhibition to-date and with only three weeks left before it closes, visitor numbers at the Museum are expected to peak.

Museum Director Anthony Wright says 201,413 visitors had been recorded when the Museum closed on Sunday 2 March, and explains that they are expecting thousands of visitors over the next few weeks, particularly this weekend with the CPIT Great Art Giveaway taking place.

“A very special treasure hunt is taking place this weekend,” he says. “36 tokens, about the size of a smartphone, will be hidden in the Botanic Gardens. If you’re lucky enough find a token, you can bring it into the Museum and exchange it for one original Milton Springsteen woodblock print at the CPIT Great Art Giveaway exhibit on Level 1. There’s $5000 worth of artwork up for grabs – first in, first served!”

Proudly sponsored by CPIT and organised by George Shaw of Oi YOU!, the CPIT Great Art Giveaway is expected to attract hundreds of people from throughout Christchurch.

RISE at Canterbury Museum closes Sunday 23 March. For more information, see www.canterburymuseum.com, www.oiyou.co.nz or www.cpit.ac.nz

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

17 Year Sentences In Baby Moko Case: Attorney General On Plea Bargain

“The Crown’s decisions in this case, including the decision to accept the manslaughter pleas, were motivated by the need to secure convictions for this horrendous killing and to avoid the significant risk that either of the defendants could escape such a conviction because of evidential issues.” More>>

ALSO:

No Rail For New Harbour Crossing: National Giving Up On Rail In Auckland

The National Government’s decision to scrap two planned rail lines in Auckland shows it is giving up on a city-wide rail network in Auckland, and on thousands of commuters who sit in traffic jams every single day, the Green Party said today. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Ombudsman’s Verdict On Paula Rebstock And Ian Rennie

Unfortunately, the brave and damning report by Ombudsman Ron Paterson on the “flawed” and “unfair” inquiry conducted by Dame Paula Rebstock into events at MFAT pulls back the veil on a far wider issue. More>>

ALSO:

Charities' Report: Stressed Families - Overstretched Services

“Like so many of the whānau and families they serve social service organisations are under huge financial stress. The support demanded from desperate people in communities is far outreaching the resources available.” More>>

ALSO:

Detention: Wellingtonians Protest Treatment Of Refugees

Peace Action Wellington (PAW) and around 50 Wellingtonians blockaded the Australian High Commission, creating a symbolic detention centre to protest the Australian Government's policy of mandatory offshore detention for refugees and asylum seekers. More>>

ALSO:

Diver's Alarums: Breach Means Training Provider Must Repay $1.47 Million

The New Zealand School of Outdoor Studies is to repay $1.47 million (GST-exclusive) to the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) following an investigation which showed that some student enrolments between 2009 -2014 could not be validated and that courses were under-delivered against their agreement with the TEC. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Government Plans Suggest Bulk Funding Return

Plans by the Government to return to bulk funding are likely to see increased class sizes and schools most in need missing out on much-needed resources, Labour’s Acting Education spokesperson Grant Robertson says. More>>

ALSO:

Interim Report: Auckland Looks Long Term To Pay-Per-Km Road Pricing

Aucklanders can expect to be paying variable rates per kilometre to travel on the city's most congested roads under an emerging transport strategy being formulated by the government and the Auckland Council. More>>

ALSO:

Despite Promises: Government Extends Iraq Deployment

Cabinet has agreed to extend New Zealand’s contribution to the joint New Zealand-Australia mission to train Iraqi Security Forces until November 2018. More>>

ALSO:

On The 'Terrorism' Card:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news