Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


GWRC wants your views on draft Annual Plan

GWRC wants your views on draft Annual Plan and combined water services proposal

Greater Wellington Regional Council is seeking your views about project and funding decisions outlined in its draft Annual Plan 2014/15, with submissions opening today.

The draft Annual Plan outlines the work GWRC intends to carry out during the 2014/15 financial year, including public transport, water supply, environment, flood protection, parks and regional leadership.

It also sets out the rates for the upcoming year, with council intending to raise rates by an average of $22 per year per household (about 43 cents per week) – or 6.1% - which is a significant drop from the 11.3% earmarked in the Long Term Plan.

To ensure that the right balance between rates and expenditure is met, the regional council is calling for submissions and is looking for residents in the region to make their views known by 28 April 2014, when submissions close.

Greater Wellington Regional Council is also seeking submissions for a proposal to combine water services across Wellington, Porirua and the Hutt Valley.

Options being considered involve integrating the Regional Council’s bulk water supply function with Capacity, introducing a new company name (proposed to be Wellington Water) to reflect its wider mandate, and establishing a water committee of representatives from the five local councils which would be shareholders of the new company to ensure that policy decisions remain the responsibility of elected representatives. The regional council would retain ownership of its bulk water infrastructure assets and other councils would also continue to hold their own assets.

For more information on the draft Annual Plan and the combined water services proposal, or to make a submission, visit www.gw.govt.nz/have-your-say, or write to:

Greater Wellington Regional Council
“Draft Annual Plan submissions 2014/15” and/or “Water Proposal”
Freepost 3156
PO Box 11646
Wellington 6142

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Hager Revelations: Inquiry Into NZSIS Release Of Goff Docs

The Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS), Cheryl Gwyn, announced today that she would be instituting an inquiry concerning allegations that the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) might have released official information to Mr Cameron Slater, regarding briefings provided to the then Leader of the Opposition, for political purposes...

“I am satisfied there is a sufficient public interest justifying the commencement of an own-motion inquiry into the substance of the issues raised with my Office,” said Ms Gwyn. More>>

Goff: Director’s Letter Contradicts Key’s Claims

At yesterday’s media standup, when asked on the topic John Key said ‘I wasn’t told’...
“In a letter dated November 2011 former SIS director Warren Tucker states three times that ‘in accordance with the usual practice of keeping the minister informed’ the Prime Minister had been told. More>>

  • Image Link - Key maintains he wasn't told about OIA - Newstalk ZB

  •  

    Parliament Today:

    Fish Pun Warning: By Hoki! It’s Labour’s Fisheries Policy

    A Labour Government will protect the iconic Kiwi tradition of fishing by improving access to the coast, protecting the rights of recreational fishers and reviewing snapper restrictions, Labour’s Fisheries spokesperson Damien O’Connor says. More>>

    ALSO:

    It's Official: Governor General Gives Direction To Conduct Election

    The Governor General has signed the writ directing the Electoral Commission to conduct the General Election on 20 September 2014. This is the formal authority to run the 2014 election, and enables candidate nominations to open tomorrow Thursday 21 August 2014. More>>

    Gordon Campbell: No More Mr Nice Guy

    When future historians seek to identify the exact moment when the prime ministerial career of John Key hit the downward slope, they may well point to Key’s interview yesterday with Guyon Espiner on RNZ’s Morning Report. More>>

    ALSO:

    Dirty (Politics) Weekend: Collins’ Admission Reason For Key To Act

    "Despite claiming that the evidence about her in Nicky Hager's book was ‘false’ Judith Collins has now been forced to admit that she did send information about a Ministerial Services staff member to Cameron Slater for him to use in a baseless smear campaign. More>>

    ALSO:

    Potential Disasters: Underground Coal Fire On Denniston Plateau

    Forest & Bird says one or more coal fires have broken out beneath the Denniston Plateau, and that the Department of Conservation (DOC) must stop Bathurst Resources’ preparatory mining work going on there until the fire or fires are extinguished. More>>

    ALSO:

    Bikes: Nats Plan $100 Million For Urban Cycleways

    Prime Minister John Key has today announced $100 million in new funding will be made available over the next four years to accelerate cycleways in urban centres. More>>

    ALSO:

    New Tax Bracket, Child Poverty Fund: Greens Launch Billion Dollar Plan To Reduce Child Poverty

    The Green Party has launched a billion dollar package to significantly reduce child poverty in New Zealand. The details of the plan were released at the party’s campaign launch in Auckland. More>>

    ALSO:

    Get More From Scoop

     

    LATEST HEADLINES

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Regional
    Search Scoop  
     
     
    Powered by Vodafone
    NZ independent news