Pre-notification feedback sought on District Plan review
Wednesday 26 March 2014
Pre-notification feedback sought on District Plan review options
Christchurch residents and property owners are urged to let the Council know their views on options on draft chapters and maps being considered as part of the District Plan review.
The Council is currently reviewing the first round of chapters of the district plan which sets out the provisions governing the use of land across the city and Banks Peninsula.
The draft chapters - those focussing on supporting the rebuild - include Strategic Directions, Transport, Commercial, Industrial, Subdivision and Development; and parts of Residential, Contaminated Land and Natural Hazards.
The Council is keen to get feedback on the draft options being looked at, to find out what is important to individuals and communities, before these draft proposed chapters are notified in mid 2014. At that stage there will be further opportunities for input through submissions, followed by further submissions, before completion.
Feedback on the
pre-notification drafts can be made through:
• Emailing email@example.com
• Filling in the District Plan Review online surveys
- www.surveymonkey.com/s/B5HGS7S for residential, commercial and industrial chapter questions
- www.surveymonkey.com/s/6CKHT6R for natural hazard chapter questions
• Attending one of the District Plan meetings
• Telephoning 03 941 8999
Comments are due by 30 March 2014.
More than 30 public
meetings have been held across the city and Banks Peninsula
over the last five weeks to inform people about the chapters
being developed, and to get input. The last of these
meetings, all covering the Natural Hazards chapter
specifically, are being held on:
• Wednesday 26 March: Akaroa –Wairewa ward at Duvauchelle Community Hall,
6039 Christchurch Akaroa Road
• Wednesday 26 March: Port Hills at Redcliffs / Mt Pleasant Bowls Club, 9 James St, Redcliffs
• Thursday 27 March: New Brighton at South New Brighton Community Hall, 74 Beatty Street, South Brighton
The remaining chapters are scheduled for notification in 2015 and completion by early 2016.
For more information on the District Plan Review, including the draft chapters, see www.ccc.govt.nz/districtplanreview
- ends -