Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Police appeal for sightings of vehicles

Police appeal for sightings of vehicles

Monday, 31 March 2014 - 4:02pm

Canterbury

Police investigating the death of Christchurch woman Amy Farrall are appealing to the public for sightings of two vehicles connected to their inquiries.

A dark-coloured Nissan Terrano, registration number WR4174, is believed to have travelled between Christchurch and the West Coast any time from late-morning on Saturday.

The vehicle was the subject of a Police pursuit on the West Coast on Sunday evening and early Monday morning, in relation to an attack on two female tourists.

A 38-year old man was apprehended in relation to that incident at around 3.00am this morning.

Detectives investigating the Christchurch homicide travelled to the West Coast today to interview the man.

Detective Senior Sergeant Darryl Sweeney says the man received injuries, including dog bites, during the apprehension on the West Coast and he is currently receiving medical treatment for those injuries. He may be transferred to Christchurch Hospital for further treatment at some point.

As a result, Detective Senior Sergeant Sweeney says, the man currently remains on the West Coast. No charges have yet been laid in relation to either incident, and no court appearance is scheduled at this point.

Police inquiries are focusing on establishing the circumstances leading up to the incident, and the movements of the two vehicles of interest.

"We are appealing to the public for any sightings of the Terrano on roads between Christchurch and the West Coast on Saturday, but also in the Woolston area, including Wildberry Street where Ms Farrall lived, and elsewhere around Christchurch on Saturday.

"At the same time we are also seeking information about the movements of Ms Farrall's white Toyota Corolla, registration number WR2685, between about 9 and 10am, from the vicinity of Wildberry Street and Ferry Road through to where it was eventually located at New World in St Johns St, Woolston.

"Already we have had a number of positive sightings across the city reported to Police.

"A significant investigation team is continuing to work around the clock both on the West Coast and in Christchurch."

A post-mortem remains under way in Christchurch this afternoon. Detective Senior Sergeant Sweeney says the findings will be communicated to the Coroner, and Police are not commenting on the nature of any injuries.

Anyone with information about the vehicles or any other aspects of the case is asked to contact Christchurch police on (03) 3637400.

Information can also be provided anonymously to the organisation Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

More Evidence - Scoop Press Conference Recordings:
PM's Post-Cab Presser 8/8/11
"at that point [Tucker] told me he'd release it ..."

Hager Revelations: Inquiry Into NZSIS Release Of Goff Docs

The Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS), Cheryl Gwyn, announced today that she would be instituting an inquiry concerning allegations that the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) might have released official information to Mr Cameron Slater, regarding briefings provided to the then Leader of the Opposition, for political purposes...

“I am satisfied there is a sufficient public interest justifying the commencement of an own-motion inquiry into the substance of the issues raised with my Office,” said Ms Gwyn. More>>

Goff: Director’s Letter Contradicts Key’s Claims

At yesterday’s media standup, when asked on the topic John Key said ‘I wasn’t told’...
“In a letter dated November 2011 former SIS director Warren Tucker states three times that ‘in accordance with the usual practice of keeping the minister informed’ the Prime Minister had been told. More>>


 

Parliament Today:

Electionresults.co.nz: National and NZ First Rise in Roy Morgan Poll

National has bounced back in the latest Roy Morgan Poll but the big winner has been New Zealand First who rise to their highest level of support since September 2013. More>>

ALSO:

Fish Pun Warning: By Hoki! It’s Labour’s Fisheries Policy

A Labour Government will protect the iconic Kiwi tradition of fishing by improving access to the coast, protecting the rights of recreational fishers and reviewing snapper restrictions, Labour’s Fisheries spokesperson Damien O’Connor says. More>>

ALSO:

It's Official: Governor General Gives Direction To Conduct Election

The Governor General has signed the writ directing the Electoral Commission to conduct the General Election on 20 September 2014. This is the formal authority to run the 2014 election, and enables candidate nominations to open tomorrow Thursday 21 August 2014. More>>

Gordon Campbell: No More Mr Nice Guy

When future historians seek to identify the exact moment when the prime ministerial career of John Key hit the downward slope, they may well point to Key’s interview yesterday with Guyon Espiner on RNZ’s Morning Report. More>>

ALSO:

Dirty (Politics) Weekend: Collins’ Admission Reason For Key To Act

"Despite claiming that the evidence about her in Nicky Hager's book was ‘false’ Judith Collins has now been forced to admit that she did send information about a Ministerial Services staff member to Cameron Slater for him to use in a baseless smear campaign. More>>

ALSO:

Potential Disasters: Underground Coal Fire On Denniston Plateau

Forest & Bird says one or more coal fires have broken out beneath the Denniston Plateau, and that the Department of Conservation (DOC) must stop Bathurst Resources’ preparatory mining work going on there until the fire or fires are extinguished. More>>

ALSO:

Bikes: Nats Plan $100 Million For Urban Cycleways

Prime Minister John Key has today announced $100 million in new funding will be made available over the next four years to accelerate cycleways in urban centres. More>>

ALSO:

New Tax Bracket, Child Poverty Fund: Greens Launch Billion Dollar Plan To Reduce Child Poverty

The Green Party has launched a billion dollar package to significantly reduce child poverty in New Zealand. The details of the plan were released at the party’s campaign launch in Auckland. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news