Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


More Than 1100 Submissions on 2014/15 Draft Annual Plan

More Than 1100 Submissions on 2014/15 Draft Annual Plan

Dunedin (Wednesday, 16 April 2014) – Residents have been keen to have their say on the Dunedin City Council’s 2014/15 Draft Annual Plan.

Submissions on the DCC’s biggest consultation process for the year closed at 5pm yesterday, with about 1125 submissions received. DCC Corporate Planner Jane Nevill says this number is subject to final confirmation, such as ensuring there are no duplicate submissions. This figure does not include any late submissions and if any are received, the Council will decide next month whether to accept these.

The DCC received 250 submissions between 5pm on Friday and 5pm on Monday and 390 yesterday. More than 80% of people chose to make a submission using an online form.

The most popular submission topics include the sequencing of Portobello Road/Harington Point Road improvements, whether the DCC should have a formal ethical investment policy for its Waipori Fund and funding incentives to help owners of heritage buildings convert their buildings for a new use.

All three of these issues were specifically mentioned on the submission form.

Last year’s Draft Annual Plan attracted 262 submissions. In 2012/13, there were 1024 submissions.

Mayor of Dunedin Dave Cull says the larger number of submissions received this year reflects the community’s interest in particular issues, such as heritage incentives.

“We do appreciate the time and effort taken by people to express their views and these will be considered as part of the Annual Plan deliberations.”

People who have indicated they want to speak to their submission will be heard when the DCC Annual Plan hearings are held from 7 May to 9 May. Deliberations and decision-making will occur from 14 May to 16 May.

The 2014/15 Annual Plan will be adopted by the Council on 23 June.

ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Hager Revelations: Inquiry Into NZSIS Release Of Goff Docs

The Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS), Cheryl Gwyn, announced today that she would be instituting an inquiry concerning allegations that the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) might have released official information to Mr Cameron Slater, regarding briefings provided to the then Leader of the Opposition, for political purposes...

“I am satisfied there is a sufficient public interest justifying the commencement of an own-motion inquiry into the substance of the issues raised with my Office,” said Ms Gwyn. More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Fish Pun Warning: By Hoki! It’s Labour’s Fisheries Policy

A Labour Government will protect the iconic Kiwi tradition of fishing by improving access to the coast, protecting the rights of recreational fishers and reviewing snapper restrictions, Labour’s Fisheries spokesperson Damien O’Connor says. More>>

ALSO:

It's Official: Governor General Gives Direction To Conduct Election

The Governor General has signed the writ directing the Electoral Commission to conduct the General Election on 20 September 2014. This is the formal authority to run the 2014 election, and enables candidate nominations to open tomorrow Thursday 21 August 2014. More>>

Gordon Campbell: No More Mr Nice Guy

When future historians seek to identify the exact moment when the prime ministerial career of John Key hit the downward slope, they may well point to Key’s interview yesterday with Guyon Espiner on RNZ’s Morning Report. More>>

ALSO:

Dirty (Politics) Weekend: Collins’ Admission Reason For Key To Act

"Despite claiming that the evidence about her in Nicky Hager's book was ‘false’ Judith Collins has now been forced to admit that she did send information about a Ministerial Services staff member to Cameron Slater for him to use in a baseless smear campaign. More>>

ALSO:

Potential Disasters: Underground Coal Fire On Denniston Plateau

Forest & Bird says one or more coal fires have broken out beneath the Denniston Plateau, and that the Department of Conservation (DOC) must stop Bathurst Resources’ preparatory mining work going on there until the fire or fires are extinguished. More>>

ALSO:

Bikes: Nats Plan $100 Million For Urban Cycleways

Prime Minister John Key has today announced $100 million in new funding will be made available over the next four years to accelerate cycleways in urban centres. More>>

ALSO:

New Tax Bracket, Child Poverty Fund: Greens Launch Billion Dollar Plan To Reduce Child Poverty

The Green Party has launched a billion dollar package to significantly reduce child poverty in New Zealand. The details of the plan were released at the party’s campaign launch in Auckland. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
More RSS  RSS News AlertsNews Alerts
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news