Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Support for Dunedin’s Outstanding Events

Support for Dunedin’s Outstanding Events

Dunedin, 28 April 2014 - Applications are now open for funding for major and premier events, and to help smaller events to become larger.

The funding round for the 2014/15 Events Contestable Fund for premier and major events opens on Monday 28 April and closes on Friday 23 May at 5pm. The fund has $400,000 available for distribution to event organisers whose applications meet the criteria.

DCC Events Special Projects Co-ordinator Tammy Jackman says, “This fund supports the amazing range of large events that we have in Dunedin already. There are the well-established ones like iD Dunedin Fashion Week and the Mid-Winter Carnival, but we also want to help organisers of smaller events to see their way to becoming larger and to find new events that can become as outstanding as these existing city favourites.”

Application forms are available at www.dunedin.govt.nz/funding or from the DCC Customer Services Centre in the Civic Centre. Applications should be made in consultation with the Dunedin City Council, Dunedin Festivals and Events Strategy 2009-2019 which is also available at the link above.

Ms Jackman says, “If it is helpful, event organisers who are considering applying to the fund can contact me to discuss their application. We want to make sure that the applications we receive are as comprehensively completed as possible.”

The application process is subject to confirmation of funding through the Annual Plan, which will be approved on 23 June. The Events Assessment Subcommittee will consider the applications and make the funding decisions. Applicants will be advised in writing of decisions from Monday 30 June.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

False Electoral Return: John Banks Sentenced To Community Work, Curfew

“The conviction of John Banks today is another sad chapter for John Banks and the ACT Party”, says Labour candidate for Epsom Michael Wood.

“Mr Banks was found guilty of electoral fraud in June. Regardless of what sentence is handed down, his reputation is in tatters. Sentencing is a matter for the court, and publicly deriding him further brings little benefit.”

“With the conviction confirmed, it is time for the ACT Party to step up to the mark and apologise to the people of Epsom. Mr Banks has suffered the consequences of his actions, but so far the ACT Party has gotten off scott-free” More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Gordon Campbell: On The Rise Of ISIS And Labour

While global attention got distracted by the fate of MH17 and the atrocities in Gaza, the world’s other mega ‘bad news’ story – the rise of ISIS-led fundamentalism in Iraq – has reached a tipping point. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild: Christchurch City Council Releases Milestone Report

The Cameron Partners report says the Council may need to find an additional $783 million to $883 million by 2019... Options Cameron Partners proposed include increasing rates, borrowing more, maximising insurance payments, and freeing up capital from its commercial assets. More>>

ALSO:

Parliament Today: Parliament Adjourns

The 50th Parliament has adjourned for the final time. After the completion of the adjournment debate, MPs left for the campaign trail with Parliament to be dissolved on August 14 ahead of the September 20 election. More>>

ALSO:

Novopayout: Government-Owned Company To Take Over School Payroll

After lengthy negotiations, the Ministry of Education and the existing school payroll provider, Talent2, have settled both on the amounts payable by Talent2 towards the costs of remediating the Novopay service and a new operating model for the school payroll system. More>>

ALSO:

Employment: Labour Will Raise Minimum Wage, Restore Work Rights

A Labour government will raise the minimum wage $2 an hour to $16.25 and restore work rights to ensure the benefits of economic growth are shared fairly by all New Zealanders, Labour Leader David Cunliffe says. More>>

ALSO:

Police: Crewe File Review Released

No new evidence has come to light implicating any specific person as being responsible for the murders of Jeannette and Harvey Crewe... The review identifies there is a distinct possibility that Exhibit 350 (the brass .22 cartridge case) may be fabricated evidence, and that if this is the case, that a member of Police would have been responsible. More>>

ALSO:

Werewolf Issue #49: Gordon Campbell Interviews Laila Harre

For 25 years, Labour and National have been in virtual agreement about the basics of economic policy, and differed mainly on how to go about managing its social consequences. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news