Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


SH1 Dome Valley safety works will cause lengthy delays

SH1 Dome Valley safety works will cause lengthy delays

Drivers are being advised of long delays on State Highway 1 (SH1) in the Dome Valley between Warkworth and Wellsford this week when the NZ Transport Agency starts safety re-surfacing work.

The surface will be removed from a 700 metre-long section of the highway and replaced to make it smoother and safer.

Work to remove the old surface will start tonight (12 May) at 8pm until 1am. On Wednesday (14 May) Transport Agency contractors will lay the new chip stone surface between 10am and 4pm. The work is weather dependent.

“We are keeping the highway open but traffic will be restricted to one lane and the holdups will be considerable for drivers in both directions,” says the Transport Agency’s regional Journey Manager Jacqui Hori-Hoult.

“We’ve arranged to do our work in small stages to keep disruption to a minimum, but people should still allow more time for their travel – there will be delays of at least 15 minutes and probably longer through the work site.

‘The Dome Valley is a narrow and challenging environment. There’s little room to divert traffic, and there are no detours possible in the immediate location,” says Ms Hori-Hoult.

An alternative route is available for drivers on SH16 between Wellsford and north-west Auckland that can also be accessed from the Silverdale interchange on SH1 at Orewa.

Ms Hori-Hoult is asking drivers to observe the 30kph speed restriction in place at the work site for their own safety and for the safety on contractors.

Before the start of their travel, people can obtain highway information at www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/current-conditions or www.highwayinfo.govt.nz (Freephone 0800 4HIGHWAYS), or they can plan a specific route atwww.onthemove.govt.nz The dedcicated Freephone for Northland/Auckland . Northland/Auckland North’s dedicated Freephone is 0800 111655.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

For The Birds: Gordon Campbell On The Budget

Budgies, so their Wikipedia page says, are popular pets around the world due to their small size, low cost, and ability to mimic human speech. Which is a reasonably good description of Finance Minister Bill English eighth Budget. . More>>

Max Rashbrooke On The 2016 Budget

The best label for this year’s announcement by Bill English might be the ‘Bare Minimum Budget’. It does the bare minimum to defuse potential political damage in a range of areas – homelessness and health are prime among them – but almost nothing to address the country’s most deep-rooted, systemic social problems. Indeed the Budget hints that these problems may get worse. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On Bank Scandals (And Air Crashes)

Last month, the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) filed proceedings against Westpac over activities that have some distinct echoes of the Libor scandal. More>>

Budget: Health Funding Must Keep Up With Need

NZNO: “The nursing team has been doing more with less for years. It’s getting to the point that we’re really worried about our colleagues, our patients, our jobs and the level of health care available for people in our country." More>>

ALSO:

Emissions Inventory: Time For The Government To Do The Right Thing

It’s time for the National Government to step up and do the right thing to reduce climate pollution as data shows New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions are higher than ever, the Green Party said today. More>>

ALSO:

Budget 2016: More Partnership Schools To Open

Seven new schools will join the eight Partnership Schools already open, along with further new schools opening in 2017. “The growth of this policy is a reflection of the high level of interest from educators and community leaders,” Mr Seymour says. More>>

ALSO:

No Correspondence With English: Did Brownlee Make Up Sale Of Navy Ships ‘On The Hoof?’

Having revealed that several Royal New Zealand Navy vessels have not left port in years, New Zealand First is now asking the Minister of Defence to prove he did not come up with the idea of selling HMNZS Taupo and Pukaki until the media asked him. More>>

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news