Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Extension for final Tukituki Catchment Proposal decision

Government approves extension for final Tukituki Catchment Proposal decision

The Minister for the Environment Amy Adams and Minister of Conservation Nick Smith have approved a one month extension to the timeframe the Board of Inquiry has to produce its final decision and report on the Tukituki Catchment Proposal.

Earlier this month the Board of Inquiry released its one thousand page draft decision granting resource consent for the Ruataniwha Water Storage Scheme and at the same time finalising Tukituki Plan Change 6, which sets minimum flows and water quality measures for the catchment.
Noting the complexity and importance of its decision to the Hawke’s Bay community, the Board had previously asked for and was granted a month time extension in February to issue its draft decision, which the Council and HBRIC Ltd supported.

The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council and its investment company HBRIC Ltd wrote to the Ministers last week requesting an additional extension to allow the Board more time to consider comments on the draft decision.

In its comments, Council draws the Board’s attention to aspects of the draft decision, which if confirmed, will have significant adverse implications in terms of administration of the Resource Management Act and its effect on the farming communities in the Tukituki Catchment.

Council Interim Chief Executive Liz Lambert says it welcomes the Ministers’ decision and believes it will give the board additional time to consider the technical complexities of its decision.

The final decision is now due Saturday 28 June 2014, however Council understand the board will release its decision as soon as practicable within the new timeframe.

Ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Gordon Campbell: On The Budget

It may seem like Oliver to be so bold as to ask the Finance Minister for more gruel – but what the Dickens, Steven Joyce… is this Budget really as good as it gets?

Supposedly, the public was going to receive significant rewards – an election year lolly scramble no less – for the eight years of belt tightening that they’ve endured, and for the rundown of essential public services.

Well, what Budget 2017 delivered instead in Education and in Health were allocations barely sufficient to maintain the current levels of service delivery More>>

Scoop Full Coverage: of Budget Announcements & Reaction
Latest: Scoop Search

 
 

Auditor-General Stands Down For Investigation: Gordon Campbell On (Not) Taking Responsibility

So Martin Matthews, our current Auditor-General wishes he could have detected “earlier” the fraud that occurred on his watch at the Ministry of Transport. Hmmm. But he could have detected it earlier, surely? That’s the point. More>>

ALSO:

NGOs Pleased: Govt To Halt Collection Of Client Data

Brenda Pilott, the chair of ComVoices and national manager of Social Service Providers Aotearoa, congratulates the government on its decision to call a halt to the collection of individual client data until the concerns of not-for-profit service providers have been worked through. More>>

ALSO:

Gosh: Blasphemy Law Repeal Struck Down

Chris Hipkins, the MP who tabled a Supplementary Order Paper to add our Blasphemy Law to the Statutes Repeal Bill, said this was a "sad day for freedom of speech, tolerance, and leadership". More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Navy’s Dealings With Fat Leonard, And Twin Peaks

At an official level, our “she’ll be right” attitude routinely spills over into a keen resentment of anyone who suggests the outcomes may be less than satisfactory… The Navy has now gone one step beyond. It won’t even ask itself whether it did a good job. More>>

ALSO:

NZDF: Fifth Rotation Of Troops Heads To Iraq

The fifth rotation of New Zealand Defence Force troops left today for a six-month mission training Iraqi soldiers. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Demonising Of Iran

Will New Zealand still be willing to pursue its recent trade overtures to Iran, now that US President Donald Trump has used his speech in Riyadh to single out Iran as the main source of terrorism and instability in the Middle East? More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 

Opening The Election Supporters

 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

Featured InfoPages

Opening the Election