The Interislander ferry Aratere is out of drydock.
· GM Interislander, Thomas Davis, says new rudder stocks and rudders were installed while the ferry was in the Keppel Shipyard dry dock, and the ferry returned to the water on Friday 23 May.
· An inclining test was completed during the weekend and further work will be done to the ship while it is in the water - including final alignment of the propeller shafts - before sea trails begin in early June.
· Following successful completion of the sea trials, the Aratere will take on fuel and depart Singapore for the two- week return journey to Wellington.
· Once back in Wellington equipment used in Singapore will be removed from the Aratere. Other equipment, eg retail fittings, passenger furniture etc, currently in use on the Stena Alegra will be reinstalled on the Aratere.
· “We expect the Aratere to be back in service towards the end of June,” Mr Davis said.