Avondale: Toxic chemical stolen - looks, smells like coffee
Toxic chemical stolen
Monday, 26 May 2014 - 12:50pm
If it looks like coffee and smells like coffee...it might just be stolen lignosulfonate.
The public - and those who stole it - are warned not to ingest any of the dangerous chemical that was stolen from an Avondale printing factory in Patiki Rd this morning.
The chemical Lignosulfonate looks and smells like coffee. Less than a kg of it was scooped from a 25kg bag. Lignosulfonate is highly toxic - it should not be consumed.
Anybody who has come into contact with this product should call the NZ Fire Service immediately and seek urgent medical assistance.
Police want to hear from anyone with any information about the theft.