Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 


Still no sign of missing Opunake man

Still no sign of missing Opunake man

It has now been seven days since missing Opunake man Aaron Roigard was last seen and despite extensive area searches by the Taranaki Police there is still no sign of him.

Officer in charge of the investigation, Detective Senior Sergeant Blair Burnett says: “A specialist search team from Wellington along with SAR teams combed two farms in the area yesterday for any evidence to point us in the direction of Aaron. Over the last 24 hours we re-searched the coastline and roads in an attempt to find him and further area canvasses have also failed to shed any light on his possible whereabouts.”

“I also want to take this opportunity to ask farmers in the Opunake area to check their implement sheds or buildings just in case Aaron may have gone in to seek shelter from the elements.”

Officers are continuing to make inquiries and follow up on sightings of the Holden Commodore that was seen on Waiteika Road about the time Aaron disappeared. The driver of the vehicle has not been spoken to at this stage.

“I want to thank those members of the public that called in with information and the local media for helping us with our appeal. We still want to speak to anyone that may know where Aaron is and I urge them to contact police immediately.

“Over the next couple of days we will re-evaluate our search options. Our inquiries are ongoing and hopefully some of the information we have received will shed some light on where Aaron may be so we can re-focus our search.

“We remain in close contact with Aaron’s family and we are doing all we can to locate him and reunite him with his loved ones,” says Detective Senior Sergeant Burnett.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Chris Allemann (06) 213 9536. Alternatively information can be provided anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

False Electoral Return: John Banks Sentenced To Community Detention, Community Work

“The conviction of John Banks today is another sad chapter for John Banks and the ACT Party”, says Labour candidate for Epsom Michael Wood.

“Mr Banks was found guilty of electoral fraud in June. Regardless of what sentence is handed down, his reputation is in tatters. Sentencing is a matter for the court, and publicly deriding him further brings little benefit.”

“With the conviction confirmed, it is time for the ACT Party to step up to the mark and apologise to the people of Epsom. Mr Banks has suffered the consequences of his actions, but so far the ACT Party has gotten off scott-free” More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Gordon Campbell: On The Rise Of ISIS And Labour

While global attention got distracted by the fate of MH17 and the atrocities in Gaza, the world’s other mega ‘bad news’ story – the rise of ISIS-led fundamentalism in Iraq – has reached a tipping point. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild: Christchurch City Council Releases Milestone Report

The Cameron Partners report says the Council may need to find an additional $783 million to $883 million by 2019... Options Cameron Partners proposed include increasing rates, borrowing more, maximising insurance payments, and freeing up capital from its commercial assets. More>>

ALSO:

Parliament Today: Parliament Adjourns

The 50th Parliament has adjourned for the final time. After the completion of the adjournment debate, MPs left for the campaign trail with Parliament to be dissolved on August 14 ahead of the September 20 election. More>>

ALSO:

Novopayout: Government-Owned Company To Take Over School Payroll

After lengthy negotiations, the Ministry of Education and the existing school payroll provider, Talent2, have settled both on the amounts payable by Talent2 towards the costs of remediating the Novopay service and a new operating model for the school payroll system. More>>

ALSO:

Employment: Labour Will Raise Minimum Wage, Restore Work Rights

A Labour government will raise the minimum wage $2 an hour to $16.25 and restore work rights to ensure the benefits of economic growth are shared fairly by all New Zealanders, Labour Leader David Cunliffe says. More>>

ALSO:

Police: Crewe File Review Released

No new evidence has come to light implicating any specific person as being responsible for the murders of Jeannette and Harvey Crewe... The review identifies there is a distinct possibility that Exhibit 350 (the brass .22 cartridge case) may be fabricated evidence, and that if this is the case, that a member of Police would have been responsible. More>>

ALSO:

Werewolf Issue #49: Gordon Campbell Interviews Laila Harre

For 25 years, Labour and National have been in virtual agreement about the basics of economic policy, and differed mainly on how to go about managing its social consequences. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
Regional
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news