Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search


Rena Resource Consent Application Accepted

Rena Resource Consent Application Accepted

9 June 2014

The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is writing to you as a potentially interested party to let you know we have accepted Resource Consent Applications from the Astrolabe Community Trust to leave the wreck of the Rena and associated debris in place. We will publically notify the Resource Consent process this Friday 13th June which means the public will have the opportunity to make submissions on the Applications from that date.

The Council has established a standalone website www.renaresourceconsent.org.nz to provide all interested people with information on the process and access to the Application documentation, and to guide them through the process if they wish to make a submission.

The Council’s objective is to be an open, transparent and excellent source of quality information to people interested in the resource consent process.

Our role is to receive any application for a resource consent and facilitate submissions by all interested members of the public, including iwi, community and interest groups, local government organisations and the residents of all affected communities. At this time we have no preferred position on the future of the wreck and we are keen to hear the views of everyone with an interest in the Rena.

Due to the importance of this process to the people of the Bay of Plenty and others with an interest, we have decided to double the normal period for submissions from 20 working days to 40 working days. This means people will have until Friday 8 August to file their submissions.

Please go to www.renaresourceconsent.org.nz for further information, if you wish to ask a question or if you want to make a submission.


© Scoop Media

Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines


Minister of Finance: Plan Shows $100 Billion Infrastructure Projects

Finance Minister Bill English has today launched the Government’s Ten Year Capital Intentions Plan (CIP) which shows a pipeline of $100.9 billion worth of infrastructure projects over the next decade. More>>


Werewolf: Safe Landings Gordon Campbell on the safety challenge to the Wellington runway extension.

The safety-related legal challenge revolves around the size of the 90 metre long Runway End Safety Area (RESA) being proposed for the runway extension. More>>


Environment Commissioner: We Need To Work Together On Climate Change And Farming

“The debate around agricultural emissions and the ETS has been polarised for too long,” said the Commissioner. “But the ETS is not the only way forward – there are other things that can be done.” More>>


NZ Super Fund: Seeking To Put A Market Price On Climate Change

Oct. 19 (BusinessDesk) - The New Zealand Superannuation Fund says it will devise a set of rules to assess investment winners and losers under climate change, a strategy that could rule out fossil fuels or producers such as current portfolio member Exxon ... More>>


Rejuvenation: Parata Will Not Contest 2017 Election

Education Minister and National List MP Hekia Parata has today announced that she will not be contesting the next election. She advised the Prime Minister of her decision earlier this year. More>>

Prisons Grow: Government Approves Plans For Increased Prison Capacity

Despite significant progress in reducing crime the number of prisoners has increased faster than projected. This is because the proportion of offenders charged with serious crimes has risen, meaning more people are being remanded in custody and serving more of their sentences in prison. More>>


Gordon Campbell: On Plastic Bag Activism, And Street Harassment

Amusing to see the Act Party experiencing another outbreak of young fogey-ism. What has aroused the ire of Act Leader David Seymour this time is the introduction of a Greens private members bill to the ballot process, calling for a 15 cents levy on plastic bags to reduce pollution. More>>


Unclear Weapons: US Navy Ship Cleared To Visit NZ For Navy's 75th

United States Navy ship, the USS Sampson, has been given clearance to visit New Zealand next month by Prime Minister John Key... “The process for considering the visit by the USS Sampson is the same as that used for all ships attending the International Naval Review." More>>


Get More From Scoop



Search Scoop  
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news