Coromandel Weather Update #6: Road Status
Weather Update #6: Road Status
• Tapu Coroglen Rd- 300m in from Coroglen end, a large pine tree blocking the road. Road now open. Tree pushed to one side.
• Kauaeranga Valley Rd - Has surface flooding.
Also tree down by the toilets
• Trotters Ave Waiomu - Power lines down in berm. Road open
• The corner of Mary and Williams Thames - Power lines down in berm. Road open.
• Hikuai Settlement Rd - Surface flooding. Road closed
• Morrison Rd and School Rd Hikuai - Both roads closed with surface flooding.
• Kennedy Bay Rd - Down to one lane with trees down. Slip blocking road on the Kennedy Bay side, half way down the hill. Road closed.
• Port Charles Rd. Intersection near Carey Rd,
reports that LHS of road washed away. Waiting for update
• Purangi Rd, trees down. Waiting for update from Transfield.
• Victoria St Thames. 1st Ford is open. 2nd Ford is closed and signs are up.
• Maratoto Ford is in Flood. Signs are up.
• 309 Rd – Small slips and trees down. Road open to one lane
• Kaimarama Rd Whitianga – Tree down. Road open to one lane.
• Port Jackson/Fletchers Bay Rd intersection – Reports that bridge abutments have been washed away. Transfield representative on their way up there now to inspect.
• Colville Rd – Rock fall in places. Road open
• Lees Rd Hahei – Three trees down, and water tank blocking road. Transfield crew on their way now to clear.
State Highway 25
• Road closed at Hikuai
• Road closed at Whitianga, near Wades Rd.
• Flooding at Manaia and tree down at Kereta